cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT cut through my Virgin Cable

veryverysenior
Tuning in

Hoping for advice please. On Tuesday morning BT suddenly appeared and dug a hole in the pavement to erect a telegraph pole outside my 91 year old Mom’s house. Her Virgin services all went off. No landline No broadband No TV. Now it is Sunday and she still has no services. 

Virgin have been round on Friday morning and Saturday morning but can’t fix the problem. She is very vulnerable with limited mobility and feels cut off from the world. She only has a mobile phone for texts to keep in touch but can’t use it much as signal is patchy there. Also more worryingly her falls alarm monitor is attached to the landline so that isn’t working.

Surely Virgin should be all over this as she is in a very vulnerable situation?  BT have accepted responsibility and will be funding Virgin to repair.  Hope someone can help. TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your mother registered as a vulnerable customer with Virgin?

There should be a 48 hour turnaround to get something in place if she is.

Your problem is the damage out in the street & not quickly fixable.(possible blocked duct, council permit required, plus 2 sets of contractors to dig things up & repull the service cable). Also the cables used now do not provide a separate telephone connection. This is provided through the internet hub, which may cause issues with the fall alarm. You need to ensure whether this will be the case when you are contacted by staff.

I will escalate this to the Staff Forum Team so that they can progress this with the area concerned.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

CraigT1976
On our wavelength

Disgusting! Take it to your local MP and paper, BT are at fault, however they should work with Virgin to get the network restored ASAP.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your mother registered as a vulnerable customer with Virgin?

There should be a 48 hour turnaround to get something in place if she is.

Your problem is the damage out in the street & not quickly fixable.(possible blocked duct, council permit required, plus 2 sets of contractors to dig things up & repull the service cable). Also the cables used now do not provide a separate telephone connection. This is provided through the internet hub, which may cause issues with the fall alarm. You need to ensure whether this will be the case when you are contacted by staff.

I will escalate this to the Staff Forum Team so that they can progress this with the area concerned.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Actually, I’m not sure that she is registered as vulnerable so will rectify that straightaway thanks.

She’s tried having a conversation via text with customer services but he insisted she calls even though she explained she can’t hear very well and her mobile signal is bad. The agent said he couldn’t help as she’s an existing customer!

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there veryverysenior,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the problems faced with the service, so we can escalate this to the necessary team I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Thank you. I have messaged you.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM veryverysenior,

I'm glad we were able to get this sorted for you.

If you do require further assistance at any point then please don't hesitate to contact our team again.

Kind Regards,

Kain