Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BQM

paulreyn
Joining in

Hi All,

does this look like a normal BQM, seeing a bit of packet loss

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d0609cddfb6761cecdb2108525ed332189... 

Paul 

13 REPLIES 13

sophist
Trouble shooter

looks pretty normal if you live in an area with significant overutilisation, sure 🙂

edit; sorry, that was a bit flippant 😛

it looks like you have a very typical example of overutilisation - nice and clean during the night, and dreaful during the day - an ideal BQM would look like the flat line you have between midnight and 7am across the whole 24 hour period..

you have a couple of options;

1. put up with it and hope that enough of the local VM customer population get annoyed and seek other providers OR virgin actually provision additional capacity in your area or

2. Seek an alternate provider.

It's worth calling the fault into VM and getting a fault reference for the issue, they will give you a date by which they expect it to be resolved - the date will likely be in the near future, and you might think you can hold out until then.. but as the date approaches, you'll get an update explaining that the date has slipped a month or two.. and so on.. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A bit ! This has the look of an overutilisation issue (too many users at peak hours). I will ask VM to see if there is a known issue on your location or whether something else is causing this.

Check back here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

365nice
On our wavelength

I've just been investigating a similar thing - yesterday I had no upload capacity... I could see meeting but no-one could hear/see me as I had 0.6mbps upload.

Pulling my hair out, I finally came across BQM and how to configure it, and my graph looks a lot like yours, which I understand to be pretty awful and a long way to explaining why my internet has been trully awful the last 6 months.

BQM graph 

The question is, what can we do about it?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Stick to the thread you started - you are confusing this one.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @365nice 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

I have taken the opportunity to look over your account, there dose seem to be a utilisation issues.  This is due to be resolved on the 04/02/21. I would like to state that these dates are only given as an estimate and they can change. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Ok, thanks for resonding Zak

Paul 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If the issues do persist after tomorrow then please do pop back here and we can advise further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zac,

ive just noticed you reply was to 365Nice, could you confirm that you have review my BQM as the packet loss appears to be getting worse.

Thanks

Paul