cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOX 1008C-STB-VM

MICHAELBAKER
Tuning in

I hope someone from Virgin Media is reading this.

You recently installed your uuumph system at my home at BS8 4BA BUT no power cable for the box was left with it so it remains not plugged in.

Could you please send one to me.

Thank you in anticipation.

Michael

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM take a few days to respond here - it is quicker to call in and report it. Try that whilst waiting.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

You could also try the freephone number 0800 052 0422 to discuss your account and see if that gets you there

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MICHAELBAKER,

Welcome to our Community Forum. Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some install issues.

Can you update us on your query? Have you been in touch with the team by calling in as @jbrennand suggested?

Do you require any further help? Please let us know if you can.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Dear Paula,

No I have not called.   I had hoped that Virgin Media would recognise their error and call me on removed

Regards 

Michael

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi MICHAELBAKER,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

So I can help I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

DEAR ALEX,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY BUT I AM NEW TO THIS AND I CAN SEE NO PURPLE ENVELOPE IN THE TOP R H CORNER NOR ANTWHERE ELSE - WHERE SHOULD I FIND IT PLEASE?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See the arrow

Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 15.19.12.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Scroll to the very top of the page

See where it says Virgin Media Community (in large letters - COmmunity is in red)

Look right - You'll see your login name

Look to the far right of that and there'll be a purple envelope

Click on it

(or try this link - it *should* take you to your private messages - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi MICHAELBAKER,

Thanks very much for sending your details over via private message.

I've ordered you a power cable, it should be with you within 3-5 days 🙂

Alex_Rm