cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BN3 7N? Updates Mon 13th (assume 1GBps upgrade) placeholder

horseman
Alessandro Volta

VM email advisement of local (Hove) upgrade after weekend with typically no further usefull detail offered so I’m assuming it’s part of 1GBps rollout?

I monitor several Hub3’s on same cable segment (7060 ?) so this is a placeholder in case It goes “pear shaped”:

45AD2254-8277-4065-A04D-8E6C852E3D07.png5ADEABB7-BAA8-457C-A56B-A3CD4334A81D.png

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/554536fa212e1a842d8fcd954fe0c404c7... 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e523ab5975e7a037c54fa2651bb9292455...

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
137 REPLIES 137

@horseman wrote:

@horseman wrote:

@Lee_R wrote: ……It would appear you're liaising with my colleague on another thread, so we will get this one closed down, to avoid confusion….

@Martin_N PM’d me for authentication I suggest you contact him first……..

……….However I’ve now received an email (to my primary email ID ) advising work to update/improve my cable segment on 1Dec ……  

No idea what work was performed yesterday and services performed ok without interruptions for last 20hrs.  However 32.6Mhz U/S modulation has fluctuated thru 64/16/32 QAM while remaining stats all appear in spec with just 4 T3’s recorded on the 32.6 U/S…..(so far)

As usual I can elaborate further if VM respond/require but as Speedtest still reflect adequate 200/20 service tier then I’ll continue to just monitor and post new threads for landline and mobile issues that VM have caused due to VOC/POTS “upgrade” to SH3 and cessation of PAYG mobile.  😛

EDIT: no status on 0800 5610061 initially but just re-checked and now looks like “improvements”  ongoing till 3pm today.

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Hi @horseman,

I can see that you've mentioned checking and you were advised we were working on some known issues.

Are the problems with your services ongoing today, or have they now been resolved?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@Zach_R wrote:

Hi @horseman,……Are the problems with your services ongoing today, or have they now been resolved?…….

Appreciate your interest Zach but it’s a tad early to confirm whether original SNR has been fully/finally resolved…..  as U/S (32.6MHz) still nudged 1 T3 after 08:05 this morning (this was latest “review date/time” for one of the 2 TV issues) with 2 & 5 T3’s clocked on 39.4 & 46.2MHz U/S’s…..

Clearly I was interested only on above potential SNR on this specific thread and as I’m obviously still  “persona non grata” as I’m still not informed of any SNR Fault/Change/Maintenance number (nor even any change or confirmation in my cable segment number). 😉

On more positive note the C133 error on TiVo V6 appears resolved but Landline and Mobile issues not yet raised on their own more appropriate forum threads although only the former is potentially (indirectly) related to SH3 v10 resource issues….. but without v11 SH3 Trial unit it’ll take me far longer to investigate this….

In meantime I’ll continually monitor,update (&hopefully close) this SNR thread within say next fortnight if 64QAM upstream,Speedtest and power stats are maintained at current optimal levels.

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

wrote:

@Zach_R wrote:

Hi @horseman,……Are the problems with your services ongoing today, or have they now been resolved?…….

Appreciate your interest Zach but it’s a tad early to confirm whether original SNR has been fully/finally resolved…..  as U/S (32.6MHz) still …………

…….In meantime I’ll continually monitor,update (&hopefully close) this SNR thread within say next fortnight if 64QAM upstream,Speedtest and power stats are maintained at current optimal levels.

As I predicted yesterday (above), unfortunately the 32.6MHz U/S SNR hasn’t been resolved yet with 67 x T3 now reported this morning. Apart from TBB BQM also reflecting 2am/5am noise  bursts then signal and speed still not otherwise adversely affected yet. Have just performed a cold/hard POReboot after disabling both Powerline & Pods that I still testing as I suspect my V10 SH3 cannot handle resources required for 10 concurrent devices with non-optimal External connectivity.

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

3am UTC today and NMS Update means newer v9.1.1209.200 firmware has now “sh**ged” my 13 end connections and reduced these to 1 WiF + 3/4 Ethernet…. 😜

However while I can’t perform a cold/hard FR (as any competent  L2/L3 trained Forum Team member and most -but not all VIP’s 😛 , will know this usually ‘toggle” Trial back to Production mode firmware/configuration update modes) then this will keep me interested investigating/trialling the SNR issues on my cable segment!

At least until VM management remove my MAC CM id’s from Test/Trial NMS database…..  

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

SNR remains stable at 64QAM on all 4 upstreams with no notable T3’s recorded yet…… but

while new NMS firmware hasn’t caused any showstoppers I did have to reboot yesterday as TBB BQM had thrown it’s RED BLOCK again. 

[ot] https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Non-POTS-VOC-back-of-Hub-3-port-failed-Call-Divert-R...

Looks this Landline issue might be fixed……. [/end-ot]

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Hi horseman

Glad to hear its stable now for you "pun not intended"

If you have nay more issues please pop back on here 

Gareth_L

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hi horseman

Glad to hear its stable now for you "pun not intended"

If you have nay more issues please pop back on here 

Gareth_L

Well we almost made a week (9 days system uptime) but while Wednesday 15th/12 was clear on TBB BQM and U/S T3’s(only a couple ) then Friday showed TBB BQM red ripple and Today (Sat18) U/S SHOWED 15xT3’s on 32.6 and 10 on 39.4…….

Clearly the horse has already bolted…..(pun intended)…..  😉   
Have remotely booted twice (once to restore 9 days uptime and second due to RED WALL TBB BQM performance ROUTING issues) due to SH3 V10 hardware limitations…

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @horseman,

I am sorry for the issues with your broadband.

I located your account using your forums details, can you please tell me if you have any devices too close to the Hub? There also seems to be a Wi-Fi traffic causing congestion on your in-home network.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Hayley_S wrote:

Hello @horseman,

I am sorry for the issues with your broadband.>……

@Hayley_S: I’m also sorry for delay in my reply (only remote access from 8Dec - 4Jan inc via our Selsey Beach Hut) and fact your VM management has not given you more complete definitive notes on my account regarding all the test/trial scenarios I’m still participating in!

I suggest, We both need to “avoid” the time wasting management “political fudge” and address technical progression….

While I try and summarise tech diags then perhaps you can confirm whether VM management will allow you to progress technical diagnosis?

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED