cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BN3 7N? Updates Mon 13th (assume 1GBps upgrade) placeholder

horseman
Alessandro Volta

VM email advisement of local (Hove) upgrade after weekend with typically no further usefull detail offered so I’m assuming it’s part of 1GBps rollout?

I monitor several Hub3’s on same cable segment (7060 ?) so this is a placeholder in case It goes “pear shaped”:

45AD2254-8277-4065-A04D-8E6C852E3D07.png5ADEABB7-BAA8-457C-A56B-A3CD4334A81D.png

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/554536fa212e1a842d8fcd954fe0c404c7... 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e523ab5975e7a037c54fa2651bb9292455...

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
137 REPLIES 137

Oh please, is someone actually extracting the “urine’? - Just had a tech from Guildford ring the door announcing he had come to collect VM v3 equipment?

The S/N matched so I apologised and explained that EARLIEST RELEASE was Thursday pm ……. 
After many hugs,kisses an laughs We parted on most affable terms as he says he’s delayed the pickup for another week……

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Well now the V1.1 hardware version Hub3 has been disconnected then remaining V1.0 VMDG505 Hub3 has continued with daily 200/12 tier speed tests without any further SNR issues.

<start-ot;tl;dr>

I lost my POTS TELEPHONE connectivity (no dial tone + no incoming) last Fri 22nd and eventually had tech response on Wed 27th at 07:45am who installed a VOC adapter connection and all working/tested thanks to Dom within 30min.  As above stress testing with 13-16 end devices including 2 power line + 2 pods on Intelligent plus+ which I moved from NOW DEFUNCT v11 SH3 still maintained connection albeit slow gui admin response.

Relative to above (while checking both our payg mobile backups were functioning) I discovered that my VM PAYG SIM service was being discontinued without ANYone formally notifying me via any of my 15 ntlworld email ids!

Meanwhile CPE Trials Team (or @Michael_JK ?) eventually replied and requested a collection date for V1.1 SH3 which I tried to suggest Wed 3rd Nov PM subject to obtaining packaging but  this was clearly too difficult for CPE so Fri just gone I released Hub3 to Chris (local engineer who returned as promised from previous week).

I  obviously photo’d Chris (his ID badge) and Hub mac/serial no etc and emailed CPE Trial Team accordingly!   Of course after this farce of VM ineptitude and my paranoia of total VM ingratitude of 2 decades testing C&W/NTL/VM D1/2/3 end devices then obviously I won’t be surprised to see a non-returned equipment charge appearing on my next bill…..  😛

….watch this space…..  (of course I could raise all the above in separate threads but then even I don’t suffer fools gladly! 😉

<end-ot;tl;dr>

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

The potential 32.6mhz u/s SNR issue has returned with symptomatic reduction thru 32 and 16 QAM over last few weeks. POR reboot will sporadically fix for a few hours / day or so. Further details available but CM stats should be available to Level2 that are not relying totally on traffic light system.
Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Hi horseman,

I have attempted to locate your account on our side to check for any reported area issues, but have been unable to locate your account. 

At this point to be able to check this, what I will do is private message you to get some details. 

^Martin

This Martin, I’ll reply to your PM/DM in next couple of days - reason for delays will be obvious…….

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

@horseman wrote:

This Martin, I’ll reply to your PM/DM in next couple of days - reason for delays will be obvious…….

Hi M,PM/DM sent 10 minutes ago…… hope you all had a nice weekend….  😉

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

A reply to further “clarification” PM just sent……
Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Hi horseman thanks for getting back to us.

It would appear you're liaising with my colleague on another thread, so we will get this one closed down, to avoid confusion.

Regards

Lee_R

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@Lee_R wrote:

It would appear you're liaising with my colleague on another thread, so we will get this one closed down, to avoid confusion.

Regards

Lee_R

@Martin_N PM’d me for authentication I suggest you contact him first and/or provide the link to this alleged “other thread” before you close this thread? 
Flagged to Mod to hopefully clarify your “apparent lack of insight”…….   😜

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

@horseman wrote:

@Lee_R wrote:

Regards

Lee_R

@Martin_N PM’d me for authentication I suggest you contact him first and/or provide the link to this alleged “other thread” before you close this thread? 
Flagged to Mod to hopefully clarify your “apparent lack of insight”…….   😜

In meantime, assuming I’m allowed to still post technical updates to this ORIGINAL SINGLE FORUM THREAD then paraphrasing the updates I’ve already PM’d to Martin, then the SNR symptoms “appear” to have not re-occurred such that post-R/S errors have not increased and 64QAM U/S MODULATION has remained for last calendar week. 

However I’ve now received an email (to my primary email ID ) advising work to update/improve my cable segment on 1Dec ……  

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED