cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime VPN Issues

luca2108
Tuning in

Hi,

Suddenly this morning one of the devices in my house couldn't watch content on BBC iPlayer, with it stating "This content is not available in your location", and other errors indicating we are outside the UK. I have since checked and all devices in the house cannot watch content on iPlayer or Amazon prime. My IP has been the same for the last year or so, and is in the U.K. I use my superhub as a modem for a Ubiquiti Unifi network in which all VPN and proxy services are turned off. I can verify this as when I visit https://www.whatismyip.com/ on any of the devices affected, it shows the correct IP address in South Wales.

I've tried restarting the modem to no avail, as well as all of the Unifi gear. I have also reset the network settings on affected machines with no success. I've seen a couple of other threads on this issue here but none of the solutions worked. Anyone got any ideas of what I could possibly do?

Thanks,

Luca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
copy your PC MAC to the Ubiquiti router WAN port then power off hub for 2mins
---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
copy your PC MAC to the Ubiquiti router WAN port then power off hub for 2mins

Thank you so much, you're a lifesaver!

For those who come here in future, I set the MAC addresses of the WAN port on my USG (usually eth2) to some different address (my PC for example), reset the modem, changed the MAC back to what it was before and Virgin assigned a new IP to me which solved the problem.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
I just wish BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime and others would stop blocking valid UK IP .

Hi there @luca2108

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forum and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you faced this issue but I wanted to thank @legacy1 for their excellent advise! 

Just to make sure as it has been a few days since your last post, is everything now resolved? 

Thank you. 

Yes, all working now thanks.

Hi luca2108, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We're glad to hear things are all resolved for you now. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can provide some further help. 

Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs