cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB/TV outage Kent/Dover/Thanet area - F009536094

ModTeam

Hello,

We are aware that there is an outage in the Kent/Dover/Thanet area affecting loss of broadband and TV. This has been logged under F009536094 and we hope to get the fault resolved as soon as possible and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

ModTeam

Edit @0940am

Service checker may not be updated yet to show the outage as we're still accessing the impact and covering most of the CT postcodes and some  IG postcodes. 

46 REPLIES 46

wevsky
On our wavelength
People in retail work on national holidays for poor wages, but a virgin engineer couldnt possibly do the same?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JDavis52 

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? That may tell you if the issue has been fixed or still ongoing..

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  automated Service Status number on 0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yeah it said the area has been fixed

But my internet is still down....

JohnTurnham
Joining in

the internet is still down CT12 Area

wevsky
On our wavelength

Someone on facebook posted this..sounds reasonable
Ive just had a message from the team working on the area.

After a very long period of trying to trace the fibre from Dover to Margate with no fibre records we found that someone has cut straight through the fibre in 2 places. This was done in a pit at 1 in the morning so we suspect they was trying to steal the copper cable. They are halfway fix with 1km of new fibre cable. The other end will hopefully be done by the end of the afternoon, the Margate fibre is are main priority over overs. Once we are done we will let u know.

But here’s a more honest update"

even though the grammar is terrible it could be legit?

I'm sure the engineers are working hard as They know virgin won't pay them after today!😖

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @JDavis52 

I've just noticed there's a thread regrding problems in your area.

Latest update is on this particular post (from a customer) 

BB-TV-outage-Kent-Dover-Thanet-area- Fault reference F009536094 

EDIT  - I notice you are alrwady subscribed to that thread, hopefully fixed later this afternoon

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Status now showing as fixed but still no service here in CT9

wevsky
On our wavelength

ok saying 1pm fixed by, still nothing, ill reboot the hub and hope for the best

55Swin
On our wavelength

I've already seen the same story on other forums , but just in case any staff are working here......🤔😵😀 Spent over 1hr 30 yesterday morning @8 After everything went down,to be told there were no problems in area and I would need engineer ( not available to end of Dec ) Only to then told 10 minutes  after my marathon call  ,by my partner  that it was all over local Facebook groups that Virgin was down and had been since Midnight. Great Skills there ( sorry I meant useless) Technical department  person I previously  spoke too... Customer services messages have been to date ....... Sorry for no service in your area etc .....Engineers on it etc  ......Service will be reinstated by......12pm ..2pm....9.30pm...10am today......2pm......

Then miracle quicker fix of 12pm.....Now they've just given up on a time.....and now ....We're working on it ........ What the actual F#$%#@$$ is going on!!!!!!!