cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB/TV outage Kent/Dover/Thanet area - F009536094

ModTeam

Hello,

We are aware that there is an outage in the Kent/Dover/Thanet area affecting loss of broadband and TV. This has been logged under F009536094 and we hope to get the fault resolved as soon as possible and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

ModTeam

Edit @0940am

Service checker may not be updated yet to show the outage as we're still accessing the impact and covering most of the CT postcodes and some  IG postcodes. 

46 REPLIES 46

wevsky
On our wavelength

Anyone had service return yet, we are approaching the 10am deadline and my routers still repeating the same cycle it has been since yesterday.

Any news? Still 10am today or are we looking at 2022 sometime??

wevsky
On our wavelength

Oh there's a surprise, now fixed by 2pm, what a wonderful christmas this is turning out to be, and of course no compensation unless its out for 48 hours. so a big fat sod all from virgin other than broken promises

AdamantUK
On our wavelength

Their Twitter team replied to someone saying that they don't work public holidays either so that means that if it's not fixed today (and I guess they may even be knocking off early with it being Christmas Eve) then they will be back to work on it on Weds?

Even worse, the automatic compensation only applies 2 working days from the time you register on the service status site - not when the outage started.  As they wouldn't let anyone register until after business opened yesterday then I imagine they will claim the timer for compensation doesn't start until about 10am Weds.

If it does go on until Weds then I will take it to ADR if necessary as they don't allow you to report a major issue / log an outage until they decide which gives them additional hours over and above the times agreed with Ofcom for automatic compensation - I also wonder how Virgin can call something "automatic compensation" and then say you need to manually go on their site and register that your service is down (when they know it's affecting everyone), doesn't sound very automatic to me!

**bleep**... They probably refuse to pay overtime to their engineers to fix issues like this out of hours hence the delays. 

Like many other virgin customers out there my view on their customer care is awful. Safe to say that the handling of this is the icing on the cake. I shall be returning to Sky in the new year! 

wevsky
On our wavelength
is that the customer care and twitter team dont do bank holidays, or engineers, cos lets face it theres hundreds of thoiusands of homes with no broadband, surely they would sort this

AdamantUK
On our wavelength

According to the twitter team it's the engineers that don't work public holiday.

Twitter user @hougham)r asked them "Do your engineers work over the holidays? Where do we stand with compensation over this ? I understand this is not your fault personally but being without internet at this time of year is not great." and the reply from Virgin was "Please see our auto compensation scheme - https://virg.in/comcop. Also no they do not, as it is a national holiday. ^HS"

It feels like Virgin need to invest in better customer care (The whole Volt fiasco has been a joke) and more infrastructure to be more resilient to faults occurring - the ability for a single fibre break to take out an area comprising hundreds of thousands of properties for multiple days is ridiculous.

As much as I love the speeds I get, I am going to have to go to an OR based product in future.  With OR pushing FTTP (and even G.Fast) services then VM need to realise that they're not the only game in town for quick connections anymore.

Is anyone else’s internet still down even after they said it’s been fixed?

JDavis52
Joining in

Internet still down even tho they have supposedly meant to have fixed it