cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Still dropping out

ukmartian
Up to speed

Following on from my previous thread I have now fitted my own router, I have turned off wifi on my Hub 3 the light is now magenta tonight more drop outs...it is not my wifi as still connected but  slow speeds and or now internet .now really cheesed off..I was told I had too many devices on my router so bought my own. It appears it wasn't the cause. What am I paying for couldn't stream without it buffering or cutting out tonight

Screenshot_20210712-224100_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20210712-232643_Gallery.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Did you connect it in the right sequence - see message 4 here.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Modem-Mode/td-p/4771304

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Did you connect it in the right sequence - see message 4 here.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Modem-Mode/td-p/4771304

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It's been working fine all week nothing has been touched..got up this morning and everything is now ok...do virgin do a dedicated modem only

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Your Hub is the dedicated modem - put it into modem only mode. They dont supply a selection of modems or wireless routers etc - you are stuck with what is in the Hub and its features.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Watching TV just tried to download the next episode only to see notice no internet..i check phone still connected to WIFI.done speed test but no internet connection..TV and sky Q are wired so not a wifi issue.so I check the status page no issues...run VM's nifty tests no issues found...do another speed test and back to normal .. Will reset the modem again and try again later. I wish I could leave    

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Thanks for that...i have just changed the port I am using on the back off my Hub 3 modem  and restarted it..everything is working  ....at the moment  lol

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ukmartian

How is the service today? Are you still experiencing issues?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I think it went out yesterday  , I have just sent modem.logs in on another thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Really-stuck/m-p/4773203