Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Dropout

Aurko
Joining in

Hi , 

My BB drops out every night .....

Happens from 7pm to 11pm at anytime I between...

Been happening for about 6 weeks now ( getting frustrated now ) , it'll happen for 1min upto 33 mins any time it wants to .. I have tried the self test , off/on , even ringing VM they tested all comes back Nothing wrong .... 

But it still happens .. rang VM again  , they tested all fine ... the bloke whom I was speaking to said ring when it happens and put phone down on me ....

An appointment was made for an engineer to visit .... but our street went down engicame and the BB was restored , then almost everyone's went down few days back ...

VM said engineer fixed the problem  ( everyone's  problem ) ...

Mine still doing as above ... engineer was due Friday  week last but never turned up ... rang  VM he said engineer fixed it the other and appointment was cancelled... I explained to him its still happening ... he tested and said nothing wrong .... was very rude to me and hung up  ... 

Getting tired of this now ...

Anyone no what's wrong  THANK YOU 

P.s. sorry on the rant 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this...

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

Also...set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this...

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

Also...set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi , thank you for your fast reply  . 

Sorry I missed it out  , happens to  hardwired items as well all at the same time 

Thanks Aurko 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Ok - first check for known issues and if nothing shows there post up the Hub data...

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.
-----------
In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up dont login [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle or top/right of the Login page and then just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again. If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

--------------------
John
--------------------

Thank you ... I'll have an attempt at tomorrow  ( Tuesday) and let you no how I've done . 

Thanks Aurko 😊 

Hi , tried to access as you described and it asked for my routers password  .... keyed it in and said my password is incorrect  .... so now stuck

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it?

There are two passwords (on the base sticker) one for connecting wifi devices and the other is the one for accessing the Hub stats. If it doesnt work then you may have changed it n the past - you can revert then to the two on the sticker by holding in the reset button for 60 seconds

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hub 3.0

• Refresh data

• Downstream bonded channelsChannelFrequency (Hz)Power (dBmV)SNR (dB)ModulationChannel  qam2522027500002.440256 qam932107500002.540256 qam1042187500002.540256 qam1152267500002.540256 qam1262347500002.440256 qam1372427500002.740256 qam1482507500002.740256 qam159258750000340256 qam1610266750000340256 qam17112747500003.240256 qam18122827500003.540256 qam19132907500003.740256 qam

How do I know my details on the network log or any other ones 

It does say incorrect password that was me