cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful service

RyanSmith2207
Joining in

Copied and pasted from my Facebook post to virgin media. Told to post on here.. 

I wouldn’t usually take to Facebook to “air my laundry” but I am so sick and tired of the crap, none existent customer service at Virgin Media and this seems to be the only way to get a response.

We have been on an 18 month contract for broadband only and have had constant problems from the get go - No connection, issues in the area, hub not connecting, intermittent connectivity issues, never reaching the download/upload speed we pay for etc.
on trying to discuss these matters with virgin media, you allow me to wait on hold for hours at a time and then hang up on me (2 occasions). I have logged when we have issues in the area or loss of connection, again multiple times and have never been reimbursed with loss of service costs, even one time your advisor told me the issue would take up to a week to fix! - again, logged as a loss of service but no reimbursement taken of the bill.
Another occasion you said you would organise a technician to come out - I waited in, no technician arrived and no phone calls but you billed me a service charge for failed appointment! And I still didn’t have any connection. You also emailed me after I logged a complaint about this to say it was a “valid claim”. Its a money making scam.
Again this evening I have tried to call, with no luck - I managed to resolve the issue myself by the power of good old trusty google and the forums made by customers like me because of the terrible service you supply.
Virgin media is a joke - anyone looking to join, don’t. Avoid at all costs. 

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RyanSmith2207, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience when logging a fault with us, this is not the level of service we expect to deliver. If you wish to raise a formal complaint regarding your journey with us, information on how to do so can be found here.

With the issues with the service, can you please let us know if the problems are still ongoing? If so, please let us know what is happening and we will do all we can to assist further from here. 

Thanks,

Nat

I have raised a complaint to which I got the response that the charge added to my account was a valid claim so they have added the missed appointment fee. My wife had taken the day off work to be at home and no attempt was made by a technician to visit the property, which the advisor on the telephone told me that the appointment was cancelled - therefore it is not a valid claim. I want this charge removing please.

Again, yesterday there was no connection...so far today it seems to be working ok.
It is intermittent service, I have spoken to 2 other families in my road who have also had to cancel with yourselves due to poor service, both connection wise and customer service. Also, I have reported many times that I have had loss of connection/service via the app as directed by the customer service team but we have never been reimbursed with the loss of connections fees, therefore in breach of your contract too. 

please advise. 

Hi @RyanSmith2207,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issues. I can completely understand how frustrating this must be for you and I'm sorry that these ongoing issues have impacted your experience with our services.

I can see on our system that you do have an open complaint with us in regards to this issue. I'll be more than happy to investigate this charge further for you to see if there's anything else I can do to assist.

I'm glad that your connection is working at the moment. I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details so we can look into your complaint further and see what can be done to resolve this. 

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @RyanSmith2207,

Thank you for coming back to me and chatting to me via Private Messages. I'm glad that we've been able to resolve your ongoing billing issue.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. We're here to assist you. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs