Menu
Highlighted
Eliza_C
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Awful customer service

I just installed the virgin media WiFi 10 days ago and it suddenly stopped working since last Thursday. It keeps flashing green light and when I run the diagnostic test and it says internet access denied. Tried to reboot the router but didn’t seem to work.

i tried to contact the customer service number but literally I held on the line for half an hour and NO ONE picked up the phone call at all. Ive tried so many times at different times on different days, and there is always no one there. I’ve never seen such rediculous customer service before, like literally no one is there to help with enquiries. You find no one and legit lose connection with the whole VM company when you are in need. Also when I called the customer service it always says my account password was wrong, but I’m pretty sure it was the one I used to log in to the website? If no can anyone tell me where I can find my account password. I’ve even tried to text messages to the number they provide on the website, but hehe there’s no reply, I should’ve known.

The WiFi has been not working for nearly a week and caused so much inconvenience to me and my family. I’ve already spent over £20 of the call cost just trying to get in touch with the useless customer service team and wasting my time to hold on the line for ages. Im gonna cancel the package and leave immediately when I get in touch with the awful VM team. But just in case if anyone knows what I can do at this moment to get in touch with the team, like is there an alternative number I can call, please do tell me and it’s much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Eliza_C
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful customer service

This is literally so exasperating and rediculous. I’ve got an interview just in a few days and can you imagine my WiFi is not working. And in that case I have to buy the 4G packages on my mobile again and again to get access to internet, and spending the 25p per minute call cost just hoping to get in touch with the customer service team every single day. Virgin media you ruined my life. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Eliza_C
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How can I get in touch with the customer service?

I installed the virgin media WiFi 10 days ago and it suddenly stopped working since last Thursday. It keeps flashing green light and when I run the diagnostic test it says internet access denied. Tried to reboot the router but didn’t seem to work.

I’ve tried to contact the customer service number but literally I held on the line for half an hour and NO ONE picked up the phone call at all. I tried so many times, at different times on different days, and there is always no one there. I’ve never seen such rediculous customer service before, like literally no one is there to help with enquiries. You find no one and legit lose connection with the whole VM company when you are in need. Also when I called the customer service it always says my account password was wrong, but I’m pretty sure it was the one I used to log in to the website? If no can anyone tell me where I can find my account password. I’ve even tried to text messages to the number they provide on the website, but hehe there’s no reply, I should’ve known.

The WiFi has been not working for nearly a week and caused so much inconvenience to me and my family. I’ve already spent over £20 of the call cost just trying to get in touch with the useless customer service team and wasting my time to hold on the line for ages. Im gonna cancel the package and leave immediately when I get in touch with the awful VM team. But just in case if anyone knows what I can do at this moment to get in touch with the team, like is there an alternative number I can call, please do tell me and it’s much appreciated.

I’m having an interview just in a few days and can you imagine my WiFi is not working. And now I have to buy the 4G packages again and again on my mobile just to access internet.

Virgin media you ruined my life.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I get in touch with the customer service?

Please don't create multiple duplicate threads for the same issue, it is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

You could check the Service Status page:

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

Or the service status number 0800 561 0061 to see if there are any outages logged in your area?  The phone number usually logs more local issues than the web page.

If you want help from the community you could post some hub stats here or you can wait a few days for the VM staff to get to this thread.

To get hub stats go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login (unless you have a Hub 3 and this is your first visit to the hub GUI, which does require you to login) but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. If using screenshots be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP or MAC address in the log to protect your privacy.  If you copy and paste the log then the forum will automatically censor this sensitive information.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Eliza_C wrote:

This is literally so exasperating and rediculous. I’ve got an interview just in a few days and can you imagine my WiFi is not working. And in that case I have to buy the 4G packages on my mobile again and again to get access to internet, and spending the 25p per minute call cost just hoping to get in touch with the customer service team every single day. Virgin media you ruined my life. 

On a different point what network is charging you 25p minute to call an 0345 number? as they are seriously ripping you off. 0345 are charged at local rate and included in any minutes or call allowance you have.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Eliza_C
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I use the giffgaff mobile, and honestly idk why they charge for 0345 calls and its not included in the monthly package. Very weird

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Are you calling the 0345 and not the old 0845 number?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Eliza_C
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I did try to call the 084 number as well just wanted to get in touch with them, maybe that’s why the call was charged. But I’ve also called the 0345 number so many times and no one picked up

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's ridiculous that VM has kept the 0845 number, the one to use for those who don't have a VM landline or mobile is 0345 454 1111.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Eliza_C
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ikr, but whatever number it is there’s no one picking up the call anyways

0 Kudos