Menu
Samuelalexander
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Awful customer service

Do not use virgin! I bought a broadband package and it never worked, spent hours on the phone to tech teams who would tell me its sorted I would say it's not as the lights are still flashing red then they would hang up and I would have to start again on hold for an hour for the same thing. Eventually I decided I needed to cancel the contract and was still within the 2 week free cancellation period and I had them ensure me I would not pay the initial £64. I did this and they cut off the wifi completely as the hub died as soon as I got off the phone. A week later they took the £64 from my bank, I called up to speak to someone and I got put through to Bill's and payments, after 45 minutes queue waiting I got through to them, they said I need to speak to cancellations and was back in a queue for 1 hour, then cancellations told me i needed customer services, another hour on hold and customer services told me I needed cancellations, the same again, and again, until I said please dont put me back on hold I keep getting put back and forth, the person laughed and cancelled the call completely. I still havent had anyone help me and I still have no idea how I am getting my money back. They all claim they cant help and send you to another department

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful customer service

Hi Samuelalexander, thanks for getting in touch.

It's disappointing to hear your experience with VM home services hasn't been a positive one - the level of service describes is certainly not what we'd expect for you.

I'll send a PM to confirm some details so I can check over your account & see what we're able to do to help, please get back to me when you can.

Tom

0 Kudos
ChemicalCookie
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Preaching to the choir. I keep telling myself,  you should have gone with BT.

Samuelalexander
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

My situation had got worse since then. I called virgin again to find out the account is still open it had only been requested, then they said they are unable to close the account and dont know why (no help to me) and I am no further just them claiming the account is struggling to close. Yet they were able to cut off the wifi immediately when it had been requested. Now I am being sent emails saying I owe £64! The amount that had already wrongly been taken from my account. And my next bill plus overdue charges is present. Even tho I dont have wifi from them anymore and they apparently put notes on the account. The account is still open I'm still being billed twice for the initial amount and for every month after, even though they cut my wifi off

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wasn't VM person Tom_F able to sort it for you?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Samuelalexander: "Now I am being sent emails saying I owe £64! "

My very elderly parents are having exactly the same problem with the half-wits at Sky, so sadly this is nothing unusual for large telecoms companies.  Assuming that VM forum staff can't sort this out, you need to get heavy with the company (as I have with Sky).

I suggest you write a formal complaint (sent by post) to the address in the VM complaints policy.  In the circumstances I suggest you ask for a refund of all charges made after the 30 day notice period, full and complete closure of your account, cleaning up of your credit history (those "unpaid charges" will be passed on to your credit file!), a formal apology, and £100 by way of compensation.  State that if they will not honour your notice of termination, desist from their demands for further payment, and meet the additional terms specified above, then the letter is additionally:

a) Making a subject data access request.  This will provide amongst other things the call recordings of you giving notice, should you need proof.

b) Requesting an immediate "deadlock letter" in order that you can take this to the arbitration service CISAS.

Hopefully this will sort it out, if it doesn't then you need to speak to CISAS.  And make the compensation request £150 as well.  The arbitration service is free to you, regardless of outcome, but Virgin Media get charged fees between £150 and £600 per complaint, so there's a big incentive for them to avoid customers going to CISAS, but there is evidence that they hold out UNTIL a complaint reaches CISAS and then cave in. 

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

Pickers69
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I agree the service is lousy 

I have the top broadband package supposed to deliver 350mbs and I get 80 at best next to the router and 25 in other rooms 

Also hate having to call India and being passed from pillar to post without resolution

trying to get someone to come out and resolve the issue is like asking for a meeting with the queen  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Pickers69: You have mentioned this in 2 posts but not started your own thread or asked for help. If you woul like some help from people on here then you will need to post up specific details of your problem.
E.G. is the speed being measured over wifi or ethernet. On what device(s)? Are they 1GB enabled? Is it ever actually dropping out on wifi and or ethernet? etc.,

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Halvten
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you explain there is no answer from costumer services? It took me 3 attempts last week. I finally got to talk to somebody after 46 minutes of waiting. 
Tonight the same problem has happened with my new V6 box, no channels and message to call 150 with a fault 7400. 
I was waiting OVER ONE HOUR and then the phone went dead. 
When I had a fault last year, somebody picked up quite quickly. 
This present costumer service is truly APPALLING. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I'm really sorry to hear about any negative experience or difficulty speaking with our teams. It's a shame that you've had difficulty in speaking with our teams to address your concerns, we do really appreciate the feedback.

@Samuelalexander Could you please let us know whether you're still having issues completing your disconnection?

@Pickers69 In taking a look at the backend of your services, I can see that the service entering your property is performing as expected, but there appears to be some interference on your in-home wireless network. Our systems indicate that the likely culprits are a couple of devices which are currently too close to your hub. You can take a look at our WiFi Wins for further explanation, but I'd advise you ensure there's plenty of clearance around your hub. Common examples of this tend to be home assistant devices like Google Home or Amazon Alexa, speakers/audio systems, or other electronic devices which emit a signal/frequency.

@Halvten I can assure you that all our agents are working hard to answer all calls swiftly and efficiently. However, we have received a high volume of calls recently and wait times have increased due to a number of internal and external factors. I can certainly appreciate the frustration of waiting on hold and do apologise for the experience. I do apologise that this TV issue has reoccurred and that you've been unable to get through. I've had a look at the backend of your services, but your TV boxes are currently unreachable. This usually means they're off, but could you let me know whether you're still having trouble so we can diagnose further if needed.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos