Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Awful connection and worse customer service and solutions.

I’ve been having so many issues with my WiFi, and nothing has helped. I keep getting told the same information with no results. I’ve been on hold for 1hr 40m and no one has given any compensation for the awful service. Awful WiFi and poor customer service. I’ve had replacement boxes, updates, visits and hundreds of phone calls. STILL NO RESULTS. Is your WiFi connection just that bad? Do you just enjoy taking people’s money but not providing a service? I’m not paying monthly so I can make friends with your call centre workers. I’m paying so we can use the WiFi you apparently sold to us. I don’t need to pay so I can have a weekly catch up with your staff. It’s unacceptable. This isn’t free, &; I’ve been given no financial compensation for the lack of service. I’ve spoken to many of your team who have been no help. Running so called ‘diagnostics’ and ‘fixed the problems (they’ve done that numerous times) and refuse to give details of the problem. I was on hold for over an hour trying to get through to someone else. I ended up hanging up. I shouldn’t have to wait so long. No compensation is being given, the WiFi stops randomly and is very slow. Doesn’t reach everywhere in the house and I’ve called so many times to get the issue fixed and NOTHING improves. It’s ridiculous. by far the worst WiFi company ever, I’m apparently on the fastest speed, but what good is speed if it’s not consistent? For the amount of money I pay to have to call all the time, reset the internet every other day. It’s a joke. I want compensation. Especially during a time where everyone has to work from home and study at home. How can we do that if the WiFi is unreliable? 

Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful connection and worse customer service and solutions.

I feel your pain! I'm having exactly the same problem! I'm constantly phoning (most of the time they don't answer) but when they do, they tell me to reset, restart etc. and still we don't have a wifi connection on a number of devices in the house.  Its hit and miss which ones works! I have two teenage boys and currently their Xboxes are not working...can you imagine how horrendous that is!!!! I'm told I'm on the highest speed, but again, does that even matter if the devices don't connect.  The engineer said that he thinks its the cable from the road, but that would need to be dug up and that could take months

I've phoned again this evening and the automated tests said that there is an issue and that I would be put through to a member of staff, to then be told that the call centre is closed due to Covid.

Is it just us two??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

VM like all BB providers never guarantee wfi connections/speeds - just read the T&C's for that - they do guarantee "speeds and connectivity" TO the Hub - so you need to check it directly.

So, what is your connection like when you forget the wifi and just run a computer/laptop wired directly into the Hub with a Cat5e/6 ethernet cable?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do you get when wired?

You’re not sold a service or speed based on Wi-Fi either. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ugh. Same here. All studying from home and it’s very difficult to do an online lesson if the WiFi keeps cutting out. Everyone on virgin has the same issue. Check if you have ‘CommunityFibre’ in your area, it’s amazing and you never have issues (and if you do; they sort it within minutes) my friend has had it for over a year and it has crashed ONCE and they got the whole month free. Sadly they don’t cover my area. Real shame. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Already done this. No improvement. What am I supposed to do? Get everyone in the house to plug their computers and laptops into the router? Unrealistic. WiFi can never be absolutely perfect. I’m not an idiot I do know how WiFi works. T&Cs aside, I’m paying for a service that will allow multiple platforms to run at a high speed. Even if 1 person is streaming home alone it randomly stops working, and to be told on the phone ‘ok all fixed’ then a week later the same thing happens, it’s something that is not being fixed. It’s quite a slap in the face really, they can’t admit that it’s an issue that won’t be solved, instead they kept pushing us to upgrade our plan, now we have the maximum and have the same issue......

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No, but if they market (and indeed sell it in person, on the phone, online) as a fast reliable service, I expect to actually have WiFi most of the time. Regardless of speed, it just stops working for hours at a time. No resets or reboots help. I’ve had a new router, countless engineers who blame the wires in underground? Everyone I know who’s with them has the same issue. Sadly tied into a contract. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

To everyone who is saying they don’t sell on speed; please read below taken from the virgin website: key words::: super fast, speeds quicker than sky and BTs

Superfast broadband meets Intelligent WiFi

Our fastest widely available average broadband speeds are 5x quicker than Sky and BT’s.

And speed meets smart with our new Intelligent WiFi, designed to automatically sort WiFi issues for you.

and further: regardless of distance? Doesn’t reach everywhere in the house and we don’t live in a mansion. 

At Virgin Media we use DOCSIS® 3 technology and a unique thicker insulated cable that runs from the cabinet to your home and retains the speed regardless of the distance.

This means you can get the most out of our awesome fast downstream speeds no matter how far you are from our cabinet and more people in the household can share the connection to do everything they love. Perfect for families who do more, watch more, and have more fun.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do what I and many others on here do and just take VM wifi out of your angst zone by getting your own (superior) wireless equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They don’t sell speeds based on wifi though 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos