Menu
scb77
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Awful connection and recurrent problems.

Hello all,

I have had recurrent problems with my connection since the last week of February. 3 engineers came and an F connector, the external cable and the router have been replaced. I had a total loss of service  for a few days in February as well as from the 31st March till the 18th April. The connection worked for about 24 hours before becoming completely erratic. An engineer came yesterday (Easter Monday) and assured me there is nothing else to do inside the property as the cause of the problem is elsewhere. Nevertheless when I called Virgin Media today they still insisted on an engineer coming to the property again before they can proceed. At this stage I only had one day (!) with a normal connection in April. 

However the staff keeps refusing to answer questions about compensation even though it's now stated on the virgin website that compensation for total loss of service is £8 (credit) per day. It seems that everybody knows about it except them. 

I initially chose virgin media for the speed but I don't find it any quicker, the connection is average at best and the staff seems to go on following their script without really taking into account that the line was supposedly checked whilst you were waiting and so on. 

At this stage I really wonder how this nightmare will be solved and when ??? 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful connection and recurrent problems.

It seems it's just yourself that doesnt know about the £8 per day.  

It's for total loss, not erratic broadband and only after 2 working days

• £8 per day for a total loss of serviceafter 2 full working days from registering the loss of service to us
  • £5 per day if we don’t install your services on the promised day until installation’s completed
  • £25 if we don’t turn up on the promised day of an appointment

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful connection and recurrent problems.

Hi scb77

Welcome to the Community.

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the service. 

I just wanted to clarify, has the engineer confirmed that the issue is due to an area outage or a external problem leading to your property that requires additional work?

In regards to the loss of service policy, please see jb66's for the guidelines around the auto compensation scheme or visit here : Virginmedia.com/Ofcom

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos