cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Wifi, Awful service from Virgin

gsneaks
Tuning in

Does anyone know if the hub 5 is better than the hub 4, and if so, how do we get one?  To cut a long story short I have had signal issues with the hub 4 since it was installed in Oct 22, I literally get no Wi-Fi at all at the front of the house and the Hub 4 wont connect to the Connect App.  After lots of  toing and froing Virgin promised to send out Wi-Fi pods but surprise surprise, they haven't despite it being in the T&Cs for the top package.  I'm now paying for 1GB and half the house doesn't get anything at all and I cant prove it, to make matters worse the O2 signal is 0.5MB at best and they advise to connect via Wi-Fi...hoping the new router is actually better

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should get the pods, try phoning again, but they will only dispatch one at a time. You can also order them through the app.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The app doesnt connect to the hub 4 and they make you jump through hoops on the phone (reset the hub, connect etc.), will try again when i have a spare 45mins (again) as its getting silly now...think i might get away with one pod, maybe 2 at a push needed, do the pods  work ok though? thanks. 

Hi gsneaks,

Thank you for reaching back out, I am not sure why the Hub 4.0 isn't connecting to your Hub, can you tried deleting the App and re-installing it, or on a different device, to order our Pods you will first need to run blackspot checks Via our Connect App.

Regards

Paul.

Yes, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, if you search it's a known bug.  The person I spoke to also knew this.  Don't have another mobile to use and it doesn't work with Windows/desktop 

Thank you for your response. Are you able to let us know what device you are accessing the on?

For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.

If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset, and then re-download the Connect App. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems that's causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We're already investigating this as a high priority.

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs