cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful WIFI strength from brand new superhub 3.0

thedagger
Tuning in

Hopefully someone can help please, I have had a brand new Superhub 3.0 installed recently by a Virgin engineer as my old Superhub 3.0 had a faulty port at the back so needed replacing. The problem is that my old box delivered great wifi speeds of at least 50mb in all rooms and some were even at 100mb which was great. This new one (positioned in exactly the same optimum place by the installer) limps to a pathetic 8mb if I'm lucky and lately, just drops out altogether all afternoon.

Bearing in mind I get speeds of approx 384mb via ethernet cables, this is clearly an awful piece of equipment for wifi use that is not fit for purpose

PS/ I used the Virgin connect app to scan the speeds in the rooms and 8mb is typical for me.

Are there any settings I can tweak at all to help matters? or anything else I can do please???

thanks in advance for any help

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if the old hub had an "attenuator" fitted to it? Sometimes VM engineers forget to refit them to replacement hubs. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know if the old hub had an "attenuator" fitted to it? Sometimes VM engineers forget to refit them to replacement hubs. 

But why would ethernet speed be fine.

Its now clear VM don't care or test 2nd hand hubs and this one has faulty wifi that no pod will fix.

So ask for a new hub or get your own router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

It took me months to finally get them to replace the last one, I dread to think how many hoops I'd need to jump through to get another

Our Hub 3 has these WiFi settings we find this helps :-

Client62_0-1678622112364.png

thanks you - I will give those a try and report back