cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate an overnight Superhub reboot?

robertandrews
Joining in

What methods may exist to set a weekly schedule for rebooting the Superhub overnight?

The damned thing is terrible, it has no idea how to handle multiple devices on the network, and gets cluttered and confused so easily.

A reboot does the trick a little bit, temporarily, and it's inconvenient to do so during the day.

14 REPLIES 14

Andrew_Terry
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there is no feature to make this happen .

OTher than a reboot then it may require a new hub to resolve

thanks

Andy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Anonymous
Not applicable
Timer switch

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

A timer plug or “smart plug” will work. 

Or upgrade to either a newer hub from Virgin or get your own router and run the current hub in modem mode. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hello what type of hub do you currentlty have?

thanks

Andy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Superhub 3

The goal is for the thing to stay on when they get the firmware right asking for a schedule for rebooting is just accept defeat.

Use the hub in modem mode will be more stable less to go wrong and get your own router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------

You’re right. I have admitted defeat.

This is my second Superhub 3. I have had all of them.

I have a 10x drop-off from the router to my home office. But range is just the main one of several issues  

Yesterday, I plugged in a new Eero but got no better range - albeit, I haven’t yet turned Superhub in to a modem only.

Anyway, the point was about automating the reboot.

You can’t automate the reboot. 

How many Eero’s did you get?

They work better in multiples as a mesh system 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

"How many Eero’s did you get?"

One. Yep, I understood the mesh networking aspect. Even so, I had expected some decent coverage from a single. But no.