cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempted Cancellation with issues and fee caps not applied

sheepy96
Joining in

I have been trying to cancel my GIG1 contract/account after moving home at the end of June and having been a VM customer for over 4 years.

It makes sense financially to go with the FTTP competitor in the area which is over 50% less even if I pay for disconnection, due to a 6 month free deal and £25 cost per month.

After confirming that my contract was started in April 2022 and finishes in March 2024 and then asking about terminating my contract I was told the disconnection fee is £341.65 Due to the early termination fee cap I think I should only pay the maximum fee of £288 as stated in the Ts&Cs.

When asked if I wanted to cancel - my response was yes as long as its the £288 fee. The agent who was barely understanding then confirmed that they closed my account and my final fee will be the full £341.65.

Is there anything I can do here?

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

As you say the Ts and Cs state: 

"If your current contract with us started prior to 4th April 2023, any Early Disconnection Fee will be capped at £288 (includes VAT). If you are a new or recontracting customer on or after 4 April 2023, this cap does not apply."

Wait for the forum team to respond and hopefully sort it out. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @sheepy96, and a very warm welcome to you.

Let's take a closer look into the account and we'll see the status of the balance and advise how and possibly why this may be above the £288.00 cap, or confirm that the advice given over the phone is incorrect.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for the private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sheepy96,

David is currently out of office so I've assigned this to myself to investigate.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Regards,

Kain