cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atom self healing

M2macro
Joining in

Wifi cutting out momentarily. Returning this notice ‘NOTICE ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic as part of Self Healing Mechanism’ 

CPU issue? Can this be fixed? Customer service team no use. Called 3 times now and each time have suggested something different that did NOT help.

66 REPLIES 66

Hi Ayisha_B,

I understand that you are doing good job of offering help etc.

But for everyone who is more advanced with technologies, What will your VM technician do, replace System on Chip, resolder it direct to the the crappy hardware VM provides? Or look at finding earth magnetic zones and say that is the reason, for theses issues?

I am fed up with this VM attitude, when I have said multiple times to just replace the router they say to do a factory reset.

I just had issues with my VM Hub3, I logged on routers admin page, and found the reported error in logs and also, WIFI network out right disabled.

Who on earth is writing firmware for these routers, any QA done at all!?

MorcYdna
On our wavelength

@Ayisha_B wrote:

Hi @MorcYdna 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry you're experiencing this issue. 

I am going to pop you a PM now to confirm some details so I can arrange for a tech to come out and take a closer look into this for you. 

Hope to hear from you soon 😊

Hi Ayisha, 

8 hours later and still no PM in my box....

Just in case it's stuck, I've threatened my router with a 'damn good thrashing' from a Lyme tree sapling for failing to deliver said PM.

Alas it didn't work for Basil Fawlty's Austin Countryman so I doubt it'll work in this scenario either, we live in hope.

In God we trust, all others must "Reboot their router daily!"

MorcYdna
On our wavelength

The tree put up too much of a fight @Ayisha_B  so I've initiated a DM with you

A lot of difference that'll make. Don't expect anything to change.I've had 3 Tech visits, the Hub3 replaced twice, new Coax installed, if anything the Wifi falls over more often than it ever did.

Basically, you can't make a sick purse out of a sow's ear. The Hub3 simply isn't fit for purpose. Why Ofcom don't come down on VM like a ton of bricks & force them to replace them all, is open to question.....

MorcYdna
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20230306-125149.png

@Ayisha_B wrote:

Hi @MorcYdna 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry you're experiencing this issue. 

I am going to pop you a PM now to confirm some details so I can arrange for a tech to come out and take a closer look into this for you. 

Hope to hear from you soon 😊

Inbox still looking pretty vacant over here despite sending you one myself also.

Hi @MorcYdna 

Apologies - I have received your message and will respond now. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi MorcYdna, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have not received the PM. 

Can you check all messages and confirm if you have one with a purple envelope? 

Can you also check if this has been deleted in the deleted folder? 

Chris. 

Hi MorcYdna, thanks for the reply. 

The PM may have delayed or not sent. 

I will send you a PM so that we can get things resolved for you. 

Chris. 

Hi Chris,

Im having this exact issue aswell and been on multiple phone calls, any chance I could get a hand aswell?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Re. the Atom Error message

See messages 4 and 8 in here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/NOTICE-ATOM-is-restarted-due-to-Kernel-oops...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.