cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atom self healing

M2macro
Joining in

Wifi cutting out momentarily. Returning this notice ‘NOTICE ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic as part of Self Healing Mechanism’ 

CPU issue? Can this be fixed? Customer service team no use. Called 3 times now and each time have suggested something different that did NOT help.

66 REPLIES 66

Hi Kain

Your colleague Lee got a Tech out for me yesterday, & he seems to have sorted it as its been 100% since.

Thanks anyway

Hi Rodinbangor, thanks for the reply and coming back to us. I am happy ton hear that Lee has managed to get this resolved for you and if you need anything further then please let us know ^Chris. 

Hi Chris

I'm afraid my happiness was short lived....Wifi down again twice on Thursday, that we know of, and again twice yesterday, that we know of.How many times it actually goes down each day is anyone's guess....

This morning the whole shebang went down. No Wifi & no Internet connection. Had to reboot the Hub3 to get it back up.

The network log shows nothing for today at all...

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You really need to setup a BQM to monitor and record the incoming circuit. It’s a great diagnostic tool.  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I did this several weeks ago....these are direct links for last 3 days....

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ff7ca49a6419411376e94ba8aa05db390e...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/f487fbd6860780dee74476366cc40bd928...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/3e1ed59a7884d0b07a9cc4c1e32452cb950d4df9-28-05-2022

Hi Rodinbangor, thank you getting back to us with an update. I am sorry to hear your connection went down. 

I've had a look at side and can see there was outage in your area for over 6 days which would have caused connection related issues. 

I've also taken a look to see what its like now and I can see everything is healthy and there is no issues at all. The levels are all prefect. 

Please can you let me know how the connection has been since Saturday, any improvements

Also please can you do a factory reset and keep me updated on any changes. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Nirajsholidays
Settling in

Hello, 

I've started getting this and WiFi keeps reconnecting and disconnect every few mins. Status says all good in area. Can someone please help me?

Error

NOTICE ATOM is restarted due to RPC timeout as part of Self Healing Mechanism;CM-

Something you'll just have to get used to. Mine has done this almost daily since installation.

Usually the wifi reconnects after a few minutes. Very annoying if you're in the middle of a Zoom call to the other side of the world, but it seems to be the price we have to pay for using Virgin. Never had a similar problem with any other ISP, & I've had most of them over the years.

Hi Nirajsholidays, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues similar to the original poster. 

I have taken a look from our side and can confirm that there are no outages, errors or power level issues detected on your Hub. 

You have mentioned WiFi drop outs so we would recommend taking a look at our troubleshooting and support page here for further guidance. 

Please let us know how you get on and we will do all we can to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Nothing wrong with internet speed. The problem is simply that this rubbish hub stops broadcasting its SSID...as did the one that it replaced.

No amount of repositioning, checking connected devices etc will change the fact that the hub stops broadcasting its SSID. Its been rebooted numerous times, & had several factory resets. Next day, same thing. Every day same thing. The log is full of Atom Self Healing entries. We've learned to put up with it, annoying & frankly unacceptable though it is..