cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atom self healing

M2macro
Joining in

Wifi cutting out momentarily. Returning this notice ‘NOTICE ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic as part of Self Healing Mechanism’ 

CPU issue? Can this be fixed? Customer service team no use. Called 3 times now and each time have suggested something different that did NOT help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kain

Your colleague Lee got a Tech out for me yesterday, & he seems to have sorted it as its been 100% since.

Thanks anyway

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

See https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/ATOM-is-restarted-as-part-of-Self-Healing-M... 

@M2macro wrote:

Wifi cutting out momentarily. Returning this notice ‘NOTICE ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic as part of Self Healing Mechanism’ 

CPU issue? Can this be fixed? Customer service team no use. Called 3 times now and each time have suggested something different that did NOT help.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @M2macro,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your connection, I have looked into this and can see that there is an issue with your upstream power levels being too high at the moment, this will need a technician visit to resolve the issues.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Noticed this in my network log a couple of times over last few days.

The whole broadband dropped this morning for the first time (that i've noticed)

The wifi drops several times a day every day, and thats when I happen to be on line & notice it.

Frankly, this is the worst service I've ever experienced from an ISP. Hub 3 seems to be a total piece of junk.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rodinbangor wrote:

<snip>   Frankly, this is the worst service I've ever experienced from an ISP. Hub 3 seems to be a total piece of junk.

Modem mode is there for a reason.  I've never used any of the VM Hubs as routers, only as modems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

But why should I have to invest in a decent router when I'm paying VM for a service.....?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rodinbangor wrote:
But why should I have to invest in a decent router when I'm paying VM for a service.....?

Yes, I agree, but I'm only pointing out an option.  You will never get an ISP router to match a "decent router" 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rodinbangor,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced, from checking our service today I can't see any readings that would attribute to the issues faced.

Are you still having problems?

Let us know,

Kain

Check out the hub network log for 17 May...

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We're unable to check from here Rodinbangor as we can't locate any details. 

Are you able to post your network logs

How to do this;
• Please go to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode),
• Don't log in, click on 'router status'
• Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. Please do not include your MAC address.

Thanks,

Kain