Menu
TobyTyler77
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Asus GT AX11000

I've taken the plunge and have got an Asus GT AX11000 being delivered tomorrow, have anyone else got this Router and how do you rate the WIFI compared to the Virgin Hub 3, and any tips that I could use when installing it. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Asus GT AX11000

almost anything is better than the wireless from the hub, just as long as you follow the manual shouldn't run into any problems

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I hadn't heard of this router previously, however after just opening up the page for it on the ASUS website the amount of snake oil and false marketing beats what I've previously seen.

It should function just fine as a router, and installing it should be the same as any other.

Not sure why they're calling it the "first 10 Gigabit gaming router" when none of the ethernet ports support 10GbE, and the marketing shown on the page saying it can do 11000mbps via 802.11ax is immediately disputed by their own specifications page saying it's 4804mbps 5GHz 802.11ax and 1148mbps 2.4GHz 802.11ax. (Neither of which will be obtainable as they're theoretical aggregate link speeds.)

Another point of confusion is that they're calling the 2.5gbps RJ45 port it has a "Gaming Port" when gaming won't be better in the slightest with more bandwidth, and I may be wrong but that "Gaming Port" seems to be the only port it has at 2.5gbps, and swappable between being the WAN or LAN port, so in the event you had an internet connection of over 1gbps you'd have to use that, and nothing on the LAN could then go above 1gbps as you'd be using the only 2.5gbps port it has.
0 Kudos
TobyTyler77
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Waste of time, WIFI has lower reach than the Virgin Hub, being returned to Amazon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The router whilst having horribly dirty marketing (like most 'gaming'/high end routers tend to these days) should still be better than the Hub 3 for wireless range, if it isn't it might be an issue with the materials your home is constructed from, or the wireless card in the laptop/desktop (unless you tested with a phone or console.)
0 Kudos