Menu
Jason50
Joining in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Area 22 no internet connection

power level was low they changed everything. problem was signal strength which the engineer fixed it has now gone again feel I'm paying for nothing if the broadband can't be reliable

outer status

Downstream bonded channelsChannel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID
1194750000-11.735256 qam8

Downstream bonded channelsChannel Locked Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors
1Locked35.500
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 22 no internet connection

Those links are useless, they all just go to 102.168.0.1 which is your hub and also anyone else’s who try to open them. The one downstream of -11.7 that I can see is way out of spec. You probably need a technician visit to correct.  Call customer services.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
WeeJimmy
Joining in
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I have no internet in area 22. The virgin media check status website believes everything is fine but I called up and eventually got told service is down until the 2nd of Sept!

But yet the check status web page is telling me no issues. 

This is very poor service and communication. Very poor.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi WeeJimmy

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

We are sorry to hear that you are currently being impacted by an area issue and we apologise for the delay in resolving.

We always aim to rectify all area issues as efficiently  as we can. In some cases the complexity of the issue may result in an extended fix time.

We do apologise for the ongoing inconvenience as we work towards finding a resolution. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
COYS61
Joining in
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Once again Area 22 is down. This service has been garbage since I signed up in June.

The app never says there is a problem, it's only admitted when I phone up. It's always oh its being fixed. What the real problem with this area? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @COYS61

Very sorry to understand that you are having some further issues with your broadband and this is not showing on the service status page. 

When I have checked this for you, we can see that you are impacted by some intermittent services - this is not impacting everyone in the area and as such this would not show on the Service Status page. 

The reference number for this issue is F007371612.  It was initially raised on 16th September and at the time of writing the estimated fix date is showing to be 7th October.

Please do feel free to pop back anytime quoting the reference number provided and any of our team can check for updates on the issue for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
COYS61
Joining in
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT

Why is it still not showing as a fault on the service checker?

And this has been going on since I signed up, only getting worse last couple of weeks. It will happen again because it'smmore that just in intermittent problem isn't it. Your service is unusable in this condition.

What are the plans to rectify this or further compensate me and other users in this area?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

As previously advised by Katie, this is not impacting everyone in the area and as such this would not show on the Service Status page. 

I'll include the current information on this below:

Reference-F007371612 

Date Open:16 SEP 2019 10:22

Estimated end date:07 OCT 2019 12:00

If you need an update on this in future simply quote the fault reference shown above and an agent will be happy to advise you on any updates. 

If you experience total loss of service for over 48 hours you may be applicable for the automated compensation scheme.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
COYS61
Joining in
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I'd rather not have to phone again at my expense to be in a queue for 15 minutes only to be fobbed off again.

It's now gone 12pm and the problem persists, so what is the problem and why is is not fixed? Or, don't tell me, it's not fixed and there's now a new deadline?

I'm burning through my mobile data just to chase up a service that I'm paying for and not getting any value from.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

As well as trying the “check service,” weblink at the top of this forum board, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info.
Try that number

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos