cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area 21 down?

llanero
Up to speed

Just checking if is has been reported as down. For the usual unhelpful suspects, yes I’ve ckecked the service status, yes I’ve rebooted the hub, etc etc etc. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

These may not be listed on the Area Status web page as "Areas" are not “Geographic regions” (they are legacy billing areas) it usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers.

So the 0800 number may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers so you will have to call in and report it.

It will get picked up on here but only in a few days when a VM person gets here - so calling will be quicker (08.00 is the best time to get through quickly).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

These may not be listed on the Area Status web page as "Areas" are not “Geographic regions” (they are legacy billing areas) it usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers.

So the 0800 number may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers so you will have to call in and report it.

It will get picked up on here but only in a few days when a VM person gets here - so calling will be quicker (08.00 is the best time to get through quickly).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

llanero
Up to speed

Service has been restored, thank you

Hi llanero, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you were left without services a few days ago. 

I think jbrennand's post hit the nail on the head there with the advice and it gives some really good tips on how to check if there is a fault affecting you. 

If you are still having an issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs