Menu
AileenEdin
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 11 intermittent loss of broadband since 15 June 2019

Intermittent loss of broadband service since 15 June. VIrgin reported it fixed on 20 June but it is still occurring. I believe it's the Hub 3.0 router which is faulty (it has been reset numerous times). Promised engineer visits with new router twice and twice they cancelled the appointment without advising us. Another visit due tomorrow but not confident of success. Any idea how to escalate and actually get a technician to attend? Many thanks. (Edinburgh area 11).

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Area 11 intermittent loss of broadband since 15 June 2019

If there is an area fault then technician visits are automatically cancelled until tht fult is rectified. Call in again and see if it still exists or try the Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level, that might not yet be listed on the Service Status web page that may give you more info.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AileenEdin
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks jbrennand. I booked a technician visit 8 times and 8 times it was cancelled due to intermittent faults in the area, which is frustrating, but which I understand. Promises by staff and managers to "call me back" never happened. However I cannot get them to understand it's also a faulty router problem. Today I asked them to post me a new 3.0 router which I'll connect myself. Appalling service. Agents seem only able to respond using a script instead of actually listening to the customer's problem. It's not difficult. There is an area issue and there is a router issue. They fix the area issue and I will sort out the rest. Very disappointing as Virgin Media customer service has been excellent from when I became a customer in 1998 until two weeks ago. Thanks again for your reply.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They never call back. What makes you so sure there is a Hub problem? What behaviours are you getting on wifi and wired connections ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos