Menu
Highlighted
Ashtonjay
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Archer c7 setup help issues. Help needed please

So I've put the superhub into modem mode (stable red light on box now) plugged in the archer c7 and put an Ethernet cable from c7 to superhub. Plus an Ethernet cable in slot 1 of c7 to my home computer. Done all the tp link setup etc.  Ie naming both 2g and 5g with same passwords then clicked save on the tp li k screen and all I get is failed ?

I didn't touch any settings I just clicked next until but still keep getting "failed" I know all cables are good. 

Also how do I now log into the super hub jusy to.double check it's in modem mode

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Archer c7 setup help issues. Help needed please

Router mode = http://192.168.0.1
Modem mode = http://192.168.100.1

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Ashtonjay
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Does the virgin sh box need to be connected to my.pc.with am Ethernet cable for me to check it's in modem mode ? Also I  an see the new Wi-Fi networks but can't connect to them

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No I connect by wifi on my Mac in modem mode. If its not connecting just try a new/different browser.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You MUST start up your own router in the following order to get connected to VM correctly.

Power off VM hub and your router

Power on your router and wait until it is fully initialised

Power on VM hub.

--------------------
Ashtonjay
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

think im getting there

just a quick one,how do i change the tp links password to login to the router?

not any fast than the superhub to be fair and the wifi range is  no better (ive actually mounted it on the wall high uo too)

did a test on fast.com and getting about 150mbps but i suppose thgere are a few factors time of day etc

slowly connecting things now 1 by 1 (this is when the problems sill start)

gonna try get my extender going now

0 Kudos