cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps wont download from playstore

Aaron_kehoe
On our wavelength

Hello, 

I'm a new customer to Virgin Media who has recently signed up for broadband. 

I've noticed that I can't download any apps from the Play Store on my Samsung S10 with my Hub 3. 

Whilst waiting for the installation I was connected to my downstairs neighbours Virgin Media WIFI and I don't have any problem and I've switched between the two to see that it's just my WIFI.

I've looked on other forums and there doesn't seem to be an answer for this problem and I was hoping to get some clarity.

Thank you.

67 REPLIES 67

delete your IP Address

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

What make and model phone do you have ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

How do I delete my IP address?

It's a Samsung Galaxy S10 

Post options edit

What anti virus do you have on your phone ?

I need you to be more clear? 

Just the normal Anti Virus that comes built in

You have got to a point where you need VM Forum Staff assistance or Call Centre assistance.

You can contact VM to report your problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

Good Afternoon Aaron_kehoe,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you

Sorry to see you've been having issues with downloading apps on your Samsung S10, whilst connected to your Wi-Fi

Can you tell me if you've performed any diagnostics on the hub, such as a pin hole reset? 

Do any other devices struggle with downloading applications to their respective devices? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello David,

I've done a reset on both the hub and my phone, I've also switched it on and back off again repeatedly with the switch. 

I've also performed a test through the virgin media app and its come up with a big white exclamation point in a yellow circle saying 'we're trying to sort it out for you' but it doesn't tell me what's wrong.

People who I live with who have apple phones have no problem downloading things onto their phones. I can also download things onto my computer and laptop.

I just can't update or download apps on the play store.