cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Private Relay Blocked.

peanut88
Tuning in

For the past few weeks, Virgin have been blocking Apples Private Relay.  To make it work again, I have to turn off parental controls. 

Please can you revert back to the old setting. I would like to keep Virgin safety controls on, but neither my phone or laptop can connect to the internet now unless I turn off Private Relay. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media's Web Safe service and Apple's Private Relay rely on their DNS being used, i.e. both services cannot be used in conjunction.

If disabling Web Safe for all user of the network is not an option but it is impeding Private Relay then consider trying the following localised change:

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

asim18
Fibre optic

Isn't Apple's private relay basically a VPN?

So it's a good thing its being blocked by parental control software otherwise kids would just use Apple Private Relay to bypass parental controls to get onto Tick Tock, Instant Gram and other corruption spreading websites.

Yes, it is. But it’s a paid for service. A child wouldn’t have access to it because Apples parental controls would disable it on a child account. Secondly , the child wouldn’t be able to use it without a parent paying for it.

The problem is we have 2 parental control systems clashing. Apples system works perfectly fine. But VM interferences messes it up 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media's Web Safe service and Apple's Private Relay rely on their DNS being used, i.e. both services cannot be used in conjunction.

If disabling Web Safe for all user of the network is not an option but it is impeding Private Relay then consider trying the following localised change:

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you!