cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to upgrade to Hub 4 / Hub 5? from Hub 3.0

johnmyers87
Tuning in

We've had a superhub 2ac since about 2013 ish, which served us rather well (not amazing, but it's free). Unfortunately this has been replaced with a hub3.0 and it seems to be worse in everyway.. Is there any way of upgrading to a hub 4, or hub 5? The Hub 3.0 issues aren't deal breaking, but does have niggles in spiking latency and etc (younger sister is annoyed for online games), and we'd rather not have to pay out for our own router when virgin's one should be fit for purpose. A Hub 5 would be lovely for my WiFi 6 devices, but I can understand if that's more reserved for those that pay for a faster connection (we get 200mb/s down i believe). Even a hub 4 is probably a vast improvement over the hub3.0. It just seems a bit odd how we got such an old replacement hub (superhub 2ac died this year), i guess it was free afterall.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You could try putting the (any) VM Hub into modem mode and using your own router and wireless equipment. Has the great advantage of you taking control of you connectivity rather than leaving it to VM to tweak it at their pleasure

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only way to get a hub4 is to upgrade to 1Gig and no way for you to initiate a hub 5.0.

Hub3 is the standard hub all customers get on 600mb and below even new customers 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You could try putting the (any) VM Hub into modem mode and using your own router and wireless equipment. Has the great advantage of you taking control of you connectivity rather than leaving it to VM to tweak it at their pleasure

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@jbrennand wrote: DQFanFeedback Survey

Thanks for this amazing Information.