cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything I need to know/do when swapping Hub 3 for the 1 Gig hub myself?

Ripp
Up to speed

As above, I have the 1 Gig hub (whatever it's called) arriving fairly soon so I guess I'll be installing it myself so is there anything specific I'll need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, it "should" all work pretty seamlessly.  

However if the new Hub does not connect, it may not have been registered on the system.  In this case, call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, it "should" all work pretty seamlessly.  

However if the new Hub does not connect, it may not have been registered on the system.  In this case, call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Perfect thank you 🤞🏻

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One thing you could also do is to go into the settings and rename the VMyyyyyy SID to the name of the SID on your old hub, like VMxxxxxx, this save changing the settings in all your WiFi devices.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Yes I would have done that anyway but yes thanks for mentioning 👍🏻

Hey there @Ripp, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm happy to hear about your recent upgrade!
The hub 4 itself will come with an install guide / pack which will tell you what to do.
In my case when I upgraded my services, all I had to do was swap out the Hub 3 for the Hub 4 (connecting the coaxial lead in), plugged in the power brick, turned the hub on and it spent the first 30 minutes doing its own updates, after that the service was ready for use, really quick and simple if you ask me.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

That's good to hear, thanks. 

You're welcome Ripp.

^Martin