cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone tried to complain and get a sensible response?

tchalklen
Tuning in

At the start of the year, I had a day of no Broadband and a couple of days intermittent. When I checked the service status, the message said that there was a fault, engineers were working to resolve and this had been logged in case I wanted compensation

Move forward to this week and I lodge a complaint and ask for a refund.

Completely incompetent set of responses, no acknowledgement that I had a case and complete denial that there had been an outage. Do I take this to Ofcom, as it seems that Virgin Media customer service are just trotting out standard lines denying all responsibility rather than providing a service to the customer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I’ve seen similar responses from VM myself with failure to recognise issues or outages that their own people or contractors have acknowledged or admitted.  It can be very frustrating.

As mentioned, the chances are the outage duration didn’t qualify for compensation.  Nevertheless a meaningful response stating or clarifying that would no doubt have been useful.

I’d suggest leaving it in this case - but if and when you’ve got real grounds for complaint/compensation check the process including referral to CISAS as I mentioned earlier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

g0akc
Problem sorter

Pointless taking to Ofcom - they don’t deal with individual customer complaints.

Cisas is the place to raise complaints that haven’t been dealt with adequately.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
On residential services - compensation is only paid after 48 hours of complete outage (see link). I suspect you didnt qualify

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I’ve seen similar responses from VM myself with failure to recognise issues or outages that their own people or contractors have acknowledged or admitted.  It can be very frustrating.

As mentioned, the chances are the outage duration didn’t qualify for compensation.  Nevertheless a meaningful response stating or clarifying that would no doubt have been useful.

I’d suggest leaving it in this case - but if and when you’ve got real grounds for complaint/compensation check the process including referral to CISAS as I mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the quick response and point taken that there is little value in getting more and more frustrated with the lacklustre attitude. 

I would of course consider voting with my feet, but to be honest I hear similar stories about the other big providers in our area and although I am intrigued by the BT/EE concept, I ended up tethering to my phone and got by and only used 6gb of my mobile data allowance =(:0(

As already stated, outages happen. 

And on a residential service there’s no SLA for faults and their associated repairs - and contractually you’re only entitled to money back for a 48+ consecutive hours total loss of service. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi