cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having issues with the hub 5

Kingvangaal
On our wavelength

Hi

Has anyone had issues with the Hub 5 on WiFi and Ethernet connections?

constantly dropping out?im on my second one in three weeks- three different engineers have attended - no solution??

Never had these issues with Hub 3!

Have requested a hub 3. 

17 REPLIES 17

Hi

An engineer is attending later today- hopefully to replace the hub 5 with a 4 or 3 unit. 
I only want it to last till July when I will cancel my contract- tired of the poor service and intermittent faults that have plagued me all these years. 

Hi Ash

The Engineer attended last night and found the problem to my broadband issues. 
Basically there was a loose cable connection in a junction box that once fed the tv/ phone around the house. 
As I don’t have Virgin tv or phone anymore, he disconnected all cables that are no longer in use. 
And all is now working as it should. 

Gone down again tonight!!!
Enough is enough!!

Hi @Kingvangaal,

Thanks for coming back to us with the update. 

I have checked our systems and there's no issues showing at the time of writing. 

I also note you spoke with our team yesterday.

How are things with your connection now?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ash

Still crap- one minute it works then it doesn’t. 
when it doesn’t work I check my WiFi speed and I’ve got over 400 whatever on the WiFi checker but the iPads x 2 don’t load up, my lad has given up on PS5 and that is connected by Ethernet as is the sky q box. 
I’ve texted one of the engineers who is going to book himself in with his office and replace this hub 5 with a 4 or 3. 
All I want is the system to work until July 2nd and then I change providers. 
if I can cancel my contract now I would!

The reason I called yesterday was that they billed me for another month when I was due a refund for no service. 
Another reason to leave virgin poor customer care and communication!

What happened during the recent visit Kingvangaal? Have you heard back from the technician at all since posting?

Rob

Technician came over Saturday (5th visit) swapped the hub 5 with a new hub 4 didn’t work.

Got another hub 4 and that didn’t work either,he then put the hub 5 back.

Still having issues where the WiFi fades in and out,devices not loading etc.

I’m not going to bother to book another engineer as so far no one has resolved the issue-(5 visits)

Will call VM later this week for an early termination cost of my contract had enough of this shambles.

Hey Kingvangaal, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about this visit.

We understand this is frustrating and I would be more than willing to look into this for you if you want?

However if you  wish to give your 30 days’ notice you can do it  by just sending a text with a description of the cancellation to 07533 051809 this will go into a queue, or you can send a letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?