cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having issues with the hub 5

Kingvangaal
On our wavelength

Hi

Has anyone had issues with the Hub 5 on WiFi and Ethernet connections?

constantly dropping out?im on my second one in three weeks- three different engineers have attended - no solution??

Never had these issues with Hub 3!

Have requested a hub 3. 

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's always been ropey with older devices. 

Hi

latest ipad and iPhone affected.

My lads laptop (an all singing and dancing version latest spec) takes ages for items to load up? So he uses his Vodafone mobile/ hotspot to use the internet

Sky Q box and PS5 which are Ethernet connected are affected?

I’ve now turned off the 5G on the WiFi and there seems to be an improvement.

what’s really frustrating is the fact that Virgin Technical have no idea on how to deal with this issue.

two hub 5 and two engineers later same issues 

once my contract ends I’m off to another provider.

Some WiFi gear does not get on with the WPA3 security of the Hub 5 - that can be disabled so that just WPA2-PSK is used.

Try with Apple Private Relay and IP Hiding tools disabled on the iPhones / iPads etc, these are VPN tools that can affect performance.

The link below can help to confirm VPNs are off. Only and IPv4 IP should show (i.e. no IPv6 IPs) the ISP should be Virgin Media.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Share your upstream and downstream stats

Virgin Media Hub 5 and Hub 5x settings
Just follow these simple steps:

Enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your browser, enter your password and the settings page will then load
Under Modem status overview you can see the status of your modem and the devices that are currently connected
Other tips

For more details about the Hub, select Admin, and then select Info. Here you can see hardware and software versions, how long the Hub has been turned on and connected to the Virgin Media network, as well as the LAN and WAN IP details
To see more details about the Hub’s connection to the Virgin Media network, select Advanced Settings, in the Tools section, select Network Status

Thanks

done all that as did the Virgin techician and everything shows normal -but it’s not!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try monitoring the connection via a BQM https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Hi

ive turned off the 5G part off and things seem to have improved- which I’m going to monitor for the next 24/48 hours- if this doesn’t work will try your recommendation- it must be something really simple- as I’ve previously mentioned the Technical dpt haven’t got a clue and all they ever say is - reboot!

I can’t be the only customer who have these issues??

Hi

Switched the 5G back on and checked the settings and it was already set on what you recommended. 
I’m going to book another Engineer visit and if it can’t be sorted will request an early termination on my contract. 

Hi there @Kingvangaal 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your connection and thank you to our community members who have already offered help here. 

Can I ask if you have now arranged an engineer appointment?