cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have their internet down for days at a time - am I entitled to a refund for loss of service?

Johnine
Joining in

Virgin Broadband keeps failing - off for days, back for a day then off again for days. I need it for work but all the helpline says is that they are working on it. Can I expect this to happen repeatedly and am I entitled to a refund?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have a residential contract so no SLA and no compensation unless your connection is fully down, 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Johnine,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with your connection.

Checking our systems, I can see that there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F009946747
  • Estimated fix time: 03 AUG 2022 09:00
  • Description: Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. In terms of compensation, there is our Automatic Compensation and you can find out eligibility and more information here

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

You can and I have so I know its correct, ask VM to set up a thirty day monitor of your modem. This will be in conjunction with OFCOM and the results sent to VM. If it shows three days of continual loss of service then YES refunds will be applicable.

edited to add: Last year total loss of service witnessed by OFCOM resulted in £150ish back.