cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have the email for the COMPLAINTs before i go to the courts...

krappleby
Joining in

Hi, 

i am so close to starting a law suit against virgin, to retrieve back all my money over the last 11 months, for their incapable services, and ignorant behaviour, does anyone have an email address to the complaints department. I cannot call as i am no good over the phone. here is the gist.

I have the M600 package, or supposed to. that is a 600Mbit download and 30Mbit upload speed. Now i am computer savvy, and electronic savvy, i know that this is /8 and is also shared. i'm not that dumb lol. But check this out.. 

Initializing connection to server....
YouTube Live - : rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2
Trying to stream maximum data rate of 5096 kbps...
Initializing transmission to server...
Initial average data rate: 1062 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 625 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 548 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 311 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 305 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 299 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 297 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 379 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 309 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 290 kbps...
Average data after 16 sec/s: 238 kbps...
Done.
Calculated average data rate: 238 kbps

Average upload speed of 238kbps

this should read 30Mbits 

This has been going on for almost a year constantly calling virgin, telling them but they wont listen, they are  to set in following what it say on the computer, Just reset the modem, well that is not bloody working, Oh and by they way, the above data transfer is through hard cable direct to the modem from my computer.

We phone and they try telling me its because of other systems on the network. I'm sorry but you must think everyone was born in the year 2020. for me to end up with a transfer speed (wired) of 238kbps we would have to have 15,756 computers on the network.

i'm fed up.. for almost a year we have been paying £50 plus a month for this connection and we have complained over and over again, to no avail. all we get is the same crap. its your network, its your computers, its your this, its your that, its because you have 20 items connected.. I have spent over 300 pounds on networking stuff, Ethernet switches, wireless routers, cabling and all sorts of crap, and nothing has resolved the issue. 

i have experienced this before, the issue is with the connection from Virgins system to our house, but getting them to do anything is like finding golden dog **bleep**. impossible

so i'm after their complaints email address, where i am going to send a message, and if that is not resolved i will be speaking with solicitors to return my money that i have spent on a **bleep** system. and for lost revenue from you tube and other streaming sites..  we didn't by they M600 package just for 5the fun of it, we bought it for the streaming capabilities.

what they don't realise, is I worked for WORLD COM for almost 8 years. i know about networks and connections and how they work.. but they think everyone was born yesterday,

One of the things that makes me laugh the most, is they tried telling me if there are 40 connections on the hub then the internet is shared between them all meaning your connection drops per computer.. ERM NO.. the connection speed remains the same, it doesn't drop, if two computers are sharing the connection at the same time yes, it drops but only when they are online, at any one time we have.

1pc
3Xbox
and about 8 phones connected

the other stuff is generally turned off, but your system stores the info.

can someone provide me with the email for the complaints department

thank you

14 REPLIES 14

krappleby
Joining in

Some more streaming tests

Initial average data rate: 5162 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 5162 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 2132 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 3042 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 3042 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 3042 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 3042 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 3042 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 3042 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 3042 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 3042 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 3042 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 1058 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 1499 kbps... Average data after 2 sec/s: 1729 kbps... Done. Calculated average data rate: 1729 kbps

Initial average data rate: 5146 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5116 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 4811 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 2287 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 2929 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 3181 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 3380 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 3540 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 3669 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 3786 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 3881 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 3965 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 4003 kbps...
Done.
Calculated average data rate: 4003 kbps

Initializing transmission to server...
Initial average data rate: 5126 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5121 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5119 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5105 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5107 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5102 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5103 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5104 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5101 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5100 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5100 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5099 kbps...
Average data after 2 sec/s: 5101 kbps...
Done.
Calculated average data rate: 5101 kbps

three different tests each giving different results.. considering a connection speed of upload 30Mbits why am i only achieving 5000kbps once in four attemts., and in the first attempt an average of 300kbps..

jem101
Superstar

Unfortunately VM don't have any provision to email in complaints or faults etc, your only option is the phone or the text messaging service. If you hang around a member of the forum team will find this thread and offer to get in touch but this may take a couple of days. Also you will not receive any compensation for lost revenue, that's in the terms and conditions which you agreed to when you signed up.

So forget Youtube, what's the raw download and upload speeds?

You are not on a /8 subnet by the way, neither is it a shared connection, well actually it is shared but not in the way you might think.

Hi Jem,

I say /8 because its a 600 mega bit and not mega byte, a 600 megabit connection is actually 600/8 a 75 megabyte connection 🙂 so i should be pulling 75MB per second down and i believe its around 40 megabit or 5 MB upload.  as you can see from above though im less than 1% of that upload speed.

Cheers

ok.. so i have ran another speed test, however we all are aware of how these speed checks are set up. when a check is needed it just works.. 

download 58.2Mbps
upload 0.58Mbps

so even raw data is terrible

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As stated there is no Complaints department.  However you can write to the Head Office, the address will be on your Contract.  Send recorded delivery.

As for you circuit, can you post your power levels and network log.  Also setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once you have done this we can comment on the findings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Posting some hub stats would help as well 

EDIT: OP posted the same thing back in February.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Super-slow-and-constant-issues-for-3-months-FEDUP/m-p/462...

I wonder if there is something on the internal network of OP that is causing a bottleneck on the connection. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @krappleby 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time once again to post. 

I am sorry to here that these issues are still ongoing. 

I can see that we have also previously requested a BQM, did you manage to get one set up? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Quoting upload speeds to a server - even youtube - is not a valid test.

Post the Hub data as requested above, and a live link to a BQM.

And speed tests to a recognised test site such as speedtest.net or samknows, with just one device connected to the Hub by ethernet.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

g0akc
Problem sorter

You mentioned law suits and solicitors.  Frankly that’s not going to get you very far. I get that you want to vent and empathise.

Follow the proper process.

If, and only if, you exhaust the fault finding advised here/on the VM website raise a complaint on the VM site by completing the appropriate forms.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint

if you still don’t reach an acceptable solution then raise a case with CISAS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!