cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a dummies guide to setting up a Asus RT-AX89X as main router

SAkers1975
On our wavelength

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had a dummies guide to setting up my new Asus RT-AX89X router.

I have the 1Gig service with the SH4, I know how to set the router into modem mode, I just need a guide to setting the router up as the main router for the home.

All help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Stephen

11 REPLIES 11

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get a PC working with the hub in modem mode then connect PC to router login go to WAN/internet settings use the MAC clone option then connect router to hub.

---------------------------------------------------------------

comnut
On our wavelength

well my hub 3 seems to be acting a bit strangely in modem mode...  I did a full reset, and left in router mode, then switched of all VM wifi...

I might have said this elsewhere, but...

set up your wiring how you want it (VM to WAN on ASUS, then i have one LAN cable to my old Netgear DS105 switch - the ASUS has no proper indication of speed or activity!! (there is a space on its LAN socket, but nothing there...)

switch off VM and ASUS for FIVE minutes! 😛 😛   then switch on ASUS, wait FIVE mins... THEN switch on VM, wait 5 mins or more for ASUS to asses the network..

I did the ASUS setup by using WiFi laptop..  IF you are not sure your setup is 'wifi 6' compatible' switch that OFF  (you can go back later using the **settings backup** you make!!

🙂