cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone an expert on Netflix, wifi, vpn problems?

gingerannie46
Tuning in

So, tried to watch 'You' using my tv connected to my hub 3 broadband and I got a message telling me I'm using a proxy or unblocker. I'm not.

Been passed from Netflix to Virgin media so many times nobody really knows what has happened all I know is I am getting another regions Netflix when I watch Netflix on any device in my home via my broadband.

If I watch Netflix using my mobile data I get the UK region and the show 'You' shows up.

Fed up being passed around and someone from Virgin on Twitter told me to ask on here.

I've tried logging in and out of Netflix. I've tried turning the hub and my tv boxes on and off. Nothing is working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Out of interest go to https://whatismyipaddress.com/  to confirm that your IP is showing as Virgin.

It doesn't matter so much about what it shows as your location unless it's not in the UK

If it's not Virgin and not in the UK it may be that you've been allocated a new IP address from the available that hasn't been picked up and reassigned to Virgin yet.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Your IP might not be listed in the UK or has change and someone who had it used a VPN to get US shows and instead of Netflix blocking VPN they block the IP in the UK for VM so that person can't run without a VPN to see UK shows and so you been left with your using a proxy or unblocker.

This is a Netflix problem and I might one day have the problem too should my IP change.😢

So your option is to use the hub in modem mode with another router to get a new IP and hope thats fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Out of interest go to https://whatismyipaddress.com/  to confirm that your IP is showing as Virgin.

It doesn't matter so much about what it shows as your location unless it's not in the UK

If it's not Virgin and not in the UK it may be that you've been allocated a new IP address from the available that hasn't been picked up and reassigned to Virgin yet.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I looked and it is virgin media and in the UK. I'm very basic when it comes to WiFi, computers etc... so I just don't know what to do.

'So your option is to use the hub in modem mode with another router to get a new IP and hope thats fine.'

I have a hub 3.0. I asked Virgin Media on Twitter and they said

' If you're a residential customer, the IP does change as it's a dynamic one but we couldn't advise when it would happen.'

But you WILL get a new IP with the hub in modem mode and your own router and should that IP not be fine your own router lets you change its MAC and you get a new IP.
---------------------------------------------------------------

How do I get another router? sorry I'm not good at this sort of thing. Also I thought the modem and router were together in the hub?

Just wanted to let you know, last night I checked my Netflix and it now seems to be showing the correct region. No communication from either Netflix or Virgin Media as to what the problem was or who fixed it but, thankfully, it seems OK now.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Ours did the same. Started working again. 3 days later back to square one.