Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Android box no Ethernet connection

So had a android box to turn a tv into a smart tv, connected via Ethernet as the location gets poor WiFi. Watching Netflix one night then just stopped working all of a sudden, put it down to a faulty Ethernet port as couldn’t get it back up running and ordered a new one. New one arrives and has the same problem, set up as static ip over dhcp reserved an IP address and saved to MAC address but just can’t get it to connect. Remove the reserved ip and switched to dhcp and still no connection, got a PS4 connected via Ethernet too so switched the cables around to make sure cables are ok and they are, switched ports around on the router and there fine then done a 30 secs reset on router. Took it round to my in laws and connected it there via Ethernet and was assigned an ip straight away and worked fine. Brought it back home and problem still persist. At a loss here on what to do next. VM tech are useless and trying to contact them at the moment is proving very difficult. Just upgraded my package and was going to try and get a new router sent out. Would it be worth in if it’s only 12 months old?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android box no Ethernet connection

Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

60 sec reset did not work.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Could it just be a hub problem and it needs replacing? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jhnelo,

I have an X96 box, sometimes it refuses to connect to the internet because the time settings are incorrect. It actually happened last night.

My solution was to go into the settings and change the time zone, voila the box  connected to the internet. You could also try using the wirless setting instead.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos