Menu
jpb1975
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Android Smart Phone keeps losing connection to Hub3

Hoping someone might be able to help.....

I will caveat this with the fact that the Vodafone Start basic android smart phone isn't the best in the world but none of these problems happened with my Hub2.

Upgraded to Hub3 this week.  All fine.

Phone connects in 2.4GHz, can't see the 5GHz, which is fine as this was the case with Hub2.

With the new hub, every time my phone sleeps, it will lose connection to the hub.  Also, just after starting an app that requires connectivity (email app, Chrome etc.), it will lose connection. The hub disappears from the list then eventually reappears.

This did not happen with Hub2.  Hub2 was visible as two separate entities: VMxxxxxx 2G and VMxxxxxx 5G so could connect to the right one.

Hub3 appears as a single entity although, when my phone is actually connected, it is always to 2.4GHz.

Is there some way I can "stabilise it's connection to the Hub3 as I feel it might be trying to switch between 2.4 and 5GHz.

Perhaps this is a problem with the phone and nothing I can rectify via the Hub admin settings but thought it worth an ask. apologies if this is the case.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Android Smart Phone keeps losing connection to Hub3

can split this up, if goto http://192.168.0.1 password is on the bottom of the hub settings password.. and navigate to wireless, if give the 2.4ghz and 5ghz different names apply/save this fixes a lot of possible problems..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
jpb1975
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this.

I'd spent ages in the router settings but hadn't spotted that one. Separating them out seems to have solved the problem with my older handset which can't pick up 5GHz wifi.  It appears a lot more stable, keeping its connection now it's specifically connected to the 2.4GHz band.

Seems that Hub3's default settings assume that everyone's devices can cope with 5GHz as well which perhaps isn't ideal but at least there's a solution.

Thumbs up indeed!, thanks again.

0 Kudos
bdawson9
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am also having this problem but with most of my devices, Bluetooth headphones/radio/speaker/printer/mobile phone I have tried the link that was mentioned but it doesn't agree with my Hub3 password!! I am using a Mac & looked at the IP address and it ends with .22. not .1. I have tried to link to this via the internet but I am unable to do this either.

Please can somebody help?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@bdawson9 yeah the .22 is for your device since .1 is for the hub aka default gateway, are you running the hub in modem mode?, does http://192.168.100.1 work?, since sometimes hub might require reboot of the page is not appearing.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
bdawson9
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.
I am not sure what you mean by Modem mode. I cannot login to http://192.168.100.1 Safari can't open the webpage.
0 Kudos