cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And again

jasineil2010
On our wavelength

This is getting F***ing ridiculous. At least 3 to 4 times a moths during the last two years. 

Screenshot_20230221-185527_Chrome.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jasineil2010, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some connection issues due to an area outage.

We understand how frustrating this are and we are sorry about this.

We don't also guarantee a fault free service unfortunately.

I can also see this outage has now ended, how have your services been? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I'm afraid the infomation your getting saying that the issue in my area is fixed. Is not true. The fact that you keep telling me this issue will be fixed is starting to get annoying as you seem to be incapable of rectifying it. I have mentioned to everyone I know to keep well away from virgin media as their service is Pathetic. 

Exactly how far up Virgin medias Ar*e are you with your " Why not use a service that is not working, By using their service checker that is I bet about as good as holding two plastic cups attached with string. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If VM are saying that there are no known issues at your location then it may well be be specific to your connection. So, lets see if we can pin down the problem - can you do this...

Can we check.... what actual connection issues are you experiencing and on what devices? And are they only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? Then can you do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends or loose wires on the connectors . Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling (no clips piercing, or broken sheathing) and also the wall box is intact

Then, can you post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return.

If you have a Hub4 or 5 then log in on the first page up. If you have an SH2 or Hub3 - dont log in just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3) or top/right (SH’s) of the Login page.

Then.... Navigate to these “data pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts
Also, If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

As soon as I get my IT university degree I'll get straight on it. WTH are you on about. ????????

I have continuous messages on my phone saying "your network is unstable," All cables plugged in I have a Hub 3 which is a replacement for a hub 3 that virgin replaced. They want to send out an engineer but charge me so that's not gona happen. 

Hey jasineil2010, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

However with a tech they are free , in the below instances there would be a charge of £25:

•    The customer is not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment) .

•    The fault is due to customer's own equipment.

•    The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the customer's premises which we were not aware of.

•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment. 

Please do let me know if you would like one booking in and I would be happy to do this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Can you tell me. What part of the Hub / cable / and plug is the customers?