cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An appointment since sep , no engineer team SHOW UP

Andrew1019
On our wavelength

Hello all, 

I hv no internet since 15 sep,2021. It is very frustrating to hear, during this 4 month i has been reschedule a thousand times , every appointment were 8am-1pm  or 8am-6pm . I has been very Patient to wait their engineer teams or contrition team come to repull the cable outside to Connet to my house. 

when every Estimate time almost end (like 3pm or 5pm ) i called their cs team . They all said the team still on the way to my house. However no one show up to fix on that day.than i call again very next day, no any reason to Explain to me. It is unacceptable for me and my family since moved in .

and the hopeless thing is no one to actually follow my case and no responsibility to VM. That is the most angry thing to me

in this time i use three sim card to connet company system barely able to working from home . Any one has solution and suggest for me to help ? Thank you.

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @Andrew1019,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues with your installation. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. In regards to preinstallation appointments, due to the complexities in construction work required, sometimes this may affect the original installation date.  Our preinstallation team on 0800 052 1734 can best assist regarding this for updates.

Also in regards to your O2 sim, if you no longer wish to have it, please get in contact with O2 who can help. This would however affect your VM package price once installation takes place.

We hope to get your service up and running at the given appointment dates. You can check for updates on this in the "My orders and appointment " tab in your my VM account.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Andrew1019
On our wavelength

Could anyone can attantion of my case? Please follow up

If you're trying to find out if VM have applied for and been issued a permit, you need to contact your local council's streetworks team who will managed these things (call a Section 50 permit)  In your case that's likely to be Croydon Council, and the phone and email contacts of the streetworks team are listed at the bottom of this page.  A good council can turn round a section 50 permit in 24 hours, but if they're busy, short staffed, incompetent (or the application involves more work to check that it won't cause problems for highway users) then it can take a week or two.  That's still a long way short of the months this has been running on for.

If you have been told by VM that they are waiting for a council permit, ring up the council and ask them if any street work permit has been requested for your property by VM. Contact info at the bottom of this page (although some roads are listed on another spreadsheet as being under TfL control).

https://www.croydon.gov.uk/business-licences-and-tenders/licences-permits-and-registrations/apply/st...

Croydon's published response times don't look terribly fast. You can also check using the link below for any works (though the works shown may not be that comprehensive or reliable when I have tried to use it for my own area)

https://one.network/

(Edit: Crossed with @Andrew-G's post)

Andrew1019
On our wavelength

Thank you , that is uesful website.

look like no one show up again on my place today. They miss appointment once again

Andrew1019
On our wavelength

Hi , i just called the team no. Still no one can ans my questions

Andrew1019
On our wavelength

Hi all, 

My case are struggling with VM around 4 months since sep,2021. My house got no any network service . And i got reschedule a  thousand of time . Which everytime were NO any technician or engineer guys show up!! 

everytime call into their team sometime at evening on that schedule day like 5:00pm (their estimate time 8am-6pm) they still answering me  “the team are on the way. “”They will be there.” Or something really spooky”they are arrived and working” which i was waiting in my place looking outside the window. They still can be saying that excuse.

are anyone has the same problem and experience like me? feel free to commant

thank you

It depends - is this a fault or a pending install?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Please stop starting new threads on the same issue - you have several going at the same time I may merge them

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I think you are mis-understand. Their totally different kind of PO
-First po are saying VM totally ignore my case been 4months still can’t fix it. Their service team and out field team does not hv well Communicate .how can you could paid a employee ,who done notthing in 4months .Basiclly their uesless.

-Second po are complaint their working attitude never listen to customer . They wont find out where the true problem is.