cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I eligible for a free Wi-Fi Pod?

ajdoubleu777
Joining in

I'm currently an o2 and Virgin volt linked member, when I'm in my room, I hardly get any Wi-Fi, and have to use my mobile data. I used the Virgin Connect app last night and the results came back poor (see attached photos).

Am I eligible to claim a free Wi-Fi max pod?

12452258-B22F-4AB8-8BF5-206C61FC9B3B.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You are right... If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3). Extenders or boosters are not a good value solution.

The "best" way is to run an ethernet cable from the Hub to that room - is that do-able? If not a new wifi router might solve it - but a mesh would be a better option.

£30-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ajdoubleu777 

See the following page for details, including  how to order online via My Virgin Media or through the Connect app

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

You can also call the direct number 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the info, I've just found out we're on the bigger bundle, so we'd have to pay the £8 a month extra it seems.

I'll see if there is any alternative way to try and get a signal in my room.

Thanks for your help.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You are right... If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3). Extenders or boosters are not a good value solution.

The "best" way is to run an ethernet cable from the Hub to that room - is that do-able? If not a new wifi router might solve it - but a mesh would be a better option.

£30-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John.

My current bundle deal offer ends early in February. So I may even wait until then and get an upgraded internet package.

Thank you again for the information you replied with