cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Wifi Pods just stopped working

col_1871
On our wavelength

Have 3 Wifi pods - all been working well for the last 4 months. Happily watching iPlayer last night and promptly lost all connectivity to the TV. Closest Wi-Fi pod was flashing green .... checked the other two and both doing the same thing. Left them for an hour .... fault remained

Have tried the following so far :

Powered off / on the Hub 3

Removed all pods and attempted to reintroduce 1 at a time - left each pod for 30 mins

Removed all pods and attempted to reintroduce all at the same time

Everything still flashing at me.

Will try a factory reset of the hub - but does anyone have any other suggestions ?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

col_1871
On our wavelength

Completed the hub reset - pods still not coming on line.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you still have wifi and ethernet connectivity directly from the Hub?

If not - check for known network issues - try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

Yes - full service from the hub both wired and wi-fi. Complex house so the pods are invaluable to some areas

col_1871
On our wavelength

Fixed it!!

So for reference these pods seem to need an odd process to get them to resync - this is what worked for me:

1. Disconnect all pods

2. Factory reset Hub 3

3. Power OFF hub 3 - left for 5 mins - Power ON hub 3

4. Connect 1 pod close to the hub - connected after appx 10 mins. Then moved this out to its resident location. Took around 5 mins to then reconnect

5. Reconnect Second pod - as before took around 5 mins to connect

6. Reconnect Third pod

Seems to be important to power off/on hub after factory reset, and also to reintroduce the pods one at a time.

Happy days!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really glad you have managed to resolve this @col_1871

Thank you so much for sharing your fix. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

col_1871
On our wavelength

So after last weeks ecstasy of getting pods back online and seemingly looking to have found the ‘golden et’ to reset this stuff - I’m sadly back to square one.

Got up this morning all three pods flashing green and nothing working. That’s fine I thought….I now know the reset process!

Sadly mistaken - have followed my supposed fool proof method at least four times today and not a single pod will come online. Have spent around 4 solid hours trying to get this kit back online but nothing works - they just sit there happily flashing at me.

Anyone have any other …..ahem fool proof routines to get these pods back online ?

Frustrating is a word that quickly springs to mind!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The pods need to be able to talk to each other, so the distance between them is crucial. If they are too far apart it will fail.  Make sure the 1st pod is talking to the hub. Pods need to be halfway between the hub and the black spot.  Personally I’d just get my own WiFi solution. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

col_1871
On our wavelength

Thanks for the response Adduxi.

It's getting the initial Pod back online which is causing the issue - from previous experience I know once the first one is on the rest follow very simply.

In terms of using my own - I can see many people do. However, if Virgin are providing hardware to address an issue (free or not) then it should work. If it fails they should support it and get it working. As we all know ringing support seems to be a complete waste of time, so we have to resort to posting on this forum. (Although every now an then you will get a knowledgeable gem on the end of the phone).

Thing is for the 6 months that they have been wi-fi working coverage within the house has been remarkable - they just seem to be very susceptible to returning to a stable config should they be powered off / on (my experience anyways 😉 )

I shall keep trying during the course of the day 

Are you actually paying for the pods?

£60 per year rental on some re-branded and butchered Plume pods is really not worth it.

If you’re not paying for them, cash, then you are with wasted time and effort.

Ditch them and get your own system and be done with it. Seriously. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi