cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa not working

kdbrown80
Tuning in

Hi

Wifi working fine. All my Alexas have gone off and won’t connect for the last day. I tried one on a mobile connection and it worked. Wondered if VM are blocking?

18 REPLIES 18

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

nealbo
Tuning in

Something is going on. I posted earlier with the same issue as you and a few others confirmed they are experiencing the same thing : https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/All-Amazon-Echos-suddenly-have-no-internet-... 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Alexa is working fine for me. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Fantastic news. Unfortunately it is not working for me, the several people replying to my post and the OP of this post. 

Tried it on another network and works fine. So definitely a virgin media issue 

@kdbrown80 wrote:

Tried it on another network and works fine. So definitely a virgin media issue 

It would appear so, but the fact that some VM users are saying 'no issue for me' would point to it being a localised (probably routing) issue. Nothing much you can do except wait for VM to sort the problem out.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@nealbo wrote:

Fantastic news. Unfortunately it is not working for me, the several people replying to my post and the OP of this post. 

Can you try using a VPN?

I only Alexa for a couple of Air Quality Monitors. They plot every 5 minutes via the server and have not dropped any readings. They don't go through my VPN so they arrive from Virgin. 

- jpeg1

Spoiler

Same as the OP, I've tried 2 mobile hot-spots which allow all 4 of my devices (3 echo dots, 1 echo show) to connect and work as normal. Connecting back to virgin WiFi allows them to connect to the router but they all claim that they cannot connect to the internet. All other devices including other amazon devices such as fire TV, fire tablets work without issue.

nsd333
Tuning in

There is an issue between Alexa 2nd generation devices and Virgin Media.  Had it confirmed this morning when I contacted Amazon about it.  I'm on Virgin Media and have 6 Alexa devices, 5 of which are 2nd generation, and one that is 4th.  So the latter continues to work, as do my two FireTV devices.  If you're on Virgin as your broadband provider and like me have 2nd gen devices, Amazon/Virgin are working on it.