cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Echo Dot Hub 3 Issues

ksangha
Tuning in

Hi,

I am having the same issue with the Hub 3, my echo dot has been fine for the past 12month, however it has now started disconnecting or slow responding etc, my router is al itready setup for 2.4ghz and 5.ghz with the wifi channel optimisation off, I have had this with other products in the past a wifi printer for example, does anyone know of any useful fixes, I can see from the user garage_jim has said to use channel 802.11a/b/g/n, I will have to login to the router settings again this weekend, but if it's already on this setup does anyone else have any other config which might work.  I have used the echo dot at another property with another virgin hub 3 with the same setup and it works fine, so I know the echo dot it 100% not faulty and I also have various other amazon products which work fine.

If all else fails would I be better requesting a new router from VM?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Assuming that all other uses seem fine and there's no reason to suspect a broadband (coax) problem, then "if all else fails" the best fix would be to put the hub in modem mode and connect a decent router or mesh wifi system.  Personally I'd not normally recommend Amazon or Google gear for privacy reasons, but if you're already bought in anyway, the the Amazon Eero mesh system could be a good match.  Replacing the Hub 3 with a Hub 3 or even Hub 4 is no guarantee that things will work.

Thanks for your helpful response. All questions answered

Warm regards

Christi S.

slope game

Hi Andrew,

no issues with the Coax cable as all other devices continue to work as normal, the device did work for 12months with no issues, and I have tested it elsewhere with another virgin hub 3 router and it's completely fine, the router is actually right by the device so the Wi-Fi signal has no interference etc, so I don't see the need for purchasing any £250+ wifi mesh system, when it's clearly some sought of virgin router software issue with WIFI, seems to be a common problem lots of people have had.