Menu
Skromak
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Agent promised certain price, contract says otherwise. How to cancel?

Hi all,

Today I agreed with a promotions agent to upgrade my package (my contract was running out). We had agreed on £43 per month for 12 months all in. I have just received the contract email stating that it will cost £64! I haven't signed it yet. So my question is: can I just ignore the contract i.e don't sign it or do I have to get in contact with an agent again?

Sam

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Agent promised certain price, contract says otherwise. How to cancel?

not signing it will not stop things happening - once you use the service you are deemed to have agreed to the contract and its taken as signed - you need to contact them imo - there hopefully should be notes on your account but they are good at not telling the whole story - you may find the price you was offered was not the whole story - i hope not

Tony
spikey673
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You have a 14 day cooling off period for ANY new contract, call them, if they can’t offer what was agreed, cancel it.

if you were still under contract previous, they must return your account to how it was.

IF i have helped you, please give me kudos / mark me as helpful, thanks
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is it a £64/mo they are asking for - or is this just your first payment with adjustment for pro-rata contract timing?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos