cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Again... High Traffic causing packet loss for over a month in BR2 area

CiaranGarden
Tuning in

For the nth time in the past 10 years, the traffic issues in the BR2 area have rendered it impossible to play any online games due to the constant packet loss/late packets, and at times causes meetings and streams to cut out. 

The service status test confirms the traffic issue and helpfully says "this should improve within an hour" but has been going on for over a month straight now. Before any suggestions on my end, I can guarantee it's traffic issues due to this happening many many times in the past.

It's just unfortunate that Virgin has a monopoly on high speed internet in this area and can't be bothered to fix issues with any reasonable speed. Looking forward to switching to Openreach when it comes online here in 2024..

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CiaranGarden

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues with online gaming. I have checked the system and can see you are affected by a congestion issue. F008782151 is the fault number. The estimated fix date is the 28th February. I hope it's fixed sooner but monitor the connection after this time and get back to us if still happening and we'll be happy to help.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill