cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on a mesh system or router?

jconlon1
Joining in

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice on what's going to be best for me. I've got the 350 package with the Hub 3 and I'm looking for better speed and signal on WiFi but also a more consistent speed along the ethernet cable to my PC. I currently have some power line adapters/WiFi extenders that help to get some sort of a signal to the upstairs rooms however they're not the best and just about get me between 50-80mbps upstairs, it's not terrible but when I'm paying for 350, I want to try and get as much as I can. Apologies for going on.

Anyway, I've read up a little bit about the mesh systems and that seems to provide a better WiFi signal throughout the house but I'm not sure if that would be overkill considering I live in a terraced house. Would a better router make my WiFi signal better? I was on BT previously and the router seemed to work fine?  If it's router you'd suggest then any recommendations? I think £200 would be my max budget but the cheaper the better?

Thanks in advance but the help 

10 REPLIES 10

Sautoy
On our wavelength

If you've still got the old BT router - and the wifi performance was acceptable to you - you can use that.