Menu
calumrobinson
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Advanced Network Error Search won't turn off

This blog post I found by another VM user describes the issue exactly:

https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2021/03/advanced-network-error-search-how-to-turn-off-virgins-least-helpful...

I have had this problem for months now. I have phoned VM before and was told they would open an issue with the IT team but I have heard nothing since that call (a few weeks ago). It is astonishing that VM have not fixed this issue yet, a quick search one the forums gives loads of results.

Is there a way to talk to someone with technical knowledge? I don't want to have to call back the phone support and spend 30 minutes having someone tell me to clear my cookies.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Advanced Network Error Search won't turn off

That is not something I'd even noticed until now!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi calumrobinson, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear that this is an issue for you. 

I've taken a look at your account but I can't see any notes on there with an IT Ticket number to check. Were you ever given a reference number for this? 

As a precaution, I have raised a ticket today for you under reference: P010519520. 

As soon as I get an update on this I will let you know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi calumrobinson,

Thanks for your patience whilst we looked in to this. 

I have received news back today from the IT Team that they have manually disabled the DNS setting on your Hub. Can you please check on this and pop back to me to let me know if this is sorted for you now?

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
calumrobinson
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying, but it's still redirecting to the Advanced Network Error Search. Do I need to reboot the router first? I can do that later.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi calumrobinson,

Thanks for letting me know. 

Yes, give the Hub a reboot and let me know if it still redirects to the search. If it does, can you please log in to your Hub and take a screenshot showing whether the setting is enabled or disabled for me. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
calumrobinson
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Rebooting the router doesn't seem to have helped. Not sure what screenshot you want me to make in my Hub settings: I don't think you can turn this feature on & off from there?

calumrobinson_0-1619165625838.png

There is a page to turn this on & off if I click the link from the Advanced Network Error Search results, but it doesn't work either:

calumrobinson_1-1619165699288.png

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about this issue calumrobinson. Are you able to try disabling web-safe via your online account (if already disabled, enable then disable again) even if just temporarily to see if that helps you disable the Advanced Network Error Search? I remember encountering something similar before and this helping - if not we can try raising it with IT from here.

Tom

0 Kudos
calumrobinson
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm trying to but https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings just redirects to https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit and I can't turn websafe off. Tried it in Firefox & Chrome & iOS Safari.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi calumrobinson, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

So I'm a little confused by your last post. The thread is for the advanced network error search but you've now mentioned websafe. 

I know I raised this to IT and they confirmed they have disabled it, so is this not the case? Is this still enabled even though the screenshot you've posted shows it as disabled? 

With websafe, are you wanting this on or off? 

Once I receive your reply clarifying things we can go from there. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos